Hot Rod Ford

profisher

I started a car project just over a year ago beginning with researching mostly online all the components available and filtering through a lot of bs to pick the best of the best. Lots of video watching trying to find experts who knew there stuff. Then after putting together a list of parts...the supply chain waiting began. Also the frustrating reality that most of what I wanted was not on any local shelf and I would have to import them from the US and pay currany.exchange rates. Thankfully Summit now offers free shipping if you order more than $299 US...so right to your door and no extra fees....they even calculate duty and taxes when you order and pay. Today a big step as my Dart 302 and now a 331 stroker was ready for me to see and hear run at Mid Island Engines in Duncan. I videoed a couple of 6000 rpm pulls on the dyno...430 HP and torque was the same. The torque curve was flat from 3500 to 5500 rpms with over 400 ft pounds throughout! I also shot a video of the exhaust note from the back of the dyno room where the pipes exit the building.

I started a car project just over a year ago beginning with researching mostly online all the components available and filtering through a lot of bs to pick the best of the best. Lots of video watching trying to find experts who knew there stuff. Then after putting together a list of parts...the supply chain waiting began. Also the frustrating reality that most of what I wanted was not on any local shelf and I would have to import them from the US and pay currany.exchange rates. Thankfully Summit now offers free shipping if you order more than $299 US...so right to your door and no extra fees....they even calculate duty and taxes when you order and pay. Today a big step as my Dart 302 and now a 331 stroker was ready for me to see and hear run at Mid Island Engines in Duncan. I videoed a couple of 6000 rpm pulls on the dyno...430 HP and torque was the same. The torque curve was flat from 3500 to 5500 rpms with over 400 ft pounds throughout! I also shot a video of the exhaust note from the back of the dyno room where the pipes exit the building.
Nice lumpy cam........sounds great

very cool, what is it going into?
My late dads, now mine 65 Mustang coupe. Factory original paint, indoor kept, 289, 70,000 original miles. Not touching any paint but complete new running gear, brakes, suspension, steering, exhaust, tires and wheels going into it. 331, stroker, T-5Z 5 speed, Quick Performance 9 inch 350 posi, Borgeson steering, Global West & Open Tracker front end, Mike Maier Racing rear leafs, Koni (reds) shocks, Griffin Aluminum rad/shroud/electric fan kit...etc etc Making it something fun to drive so I will want to....all bolt on stuff and keeping all the original parts so it could always be reversed if someone wanted to.

Attachments

• mustang65 - Copy (2).jpg
    mustang65 - Copy (2).jpg
    486.7 KB · Views: 49
Nice lumpy cam........sounds great
And still keeps 18 pounds vacuum for the PB's. Something that I insisted be there when they picked the valve train. I let them order the cam, timing set and rockers as I admittedly don't know enough about finer details on those components to be the one picking them...leave some things to those who do it everyday.

My late dads, now mine 65 Mustang coupe. Factory original paint, indoor kept, 289, 70,000 original miles. Not touching any paint but complete new running gear, brakes, suspension, steering, exhaust, tires and wheels going into it. 331, stroker, T-5Z 5 speed, Quick Performance 9 inch 350 posi, Borgeson steering, Global West & Open Tracker front end, Mike Maier Racing rear leafs, Koni (reds) shocks, Griffin Aluminum rad/shroud/electric fan kit...etc etc Making it something fun to drive so I will want to....all bolt on stuff and keeping all the original parts so it could always be reversed if someone wanted to.

Coincidentally, my old pal Tom has been slowly getting his 1967 Mustang Fastback rebuilt, which included having the 390 engine rebuilt by Scott Aumen and crew. Here's Tom trying to shovel it in while Max wiggles things from under the car.
DSCN6597.JPG

It eventually fit in, but not before both Tom and Max nearly exhausted their repertoire of words best left unmentioned here.
DSCN6599.JPG

One of the joys of rebuilding an older car yourself is that you get to learn all about a lot of things.
Learning the wiring schematics can be interesting.
RSCN5224.JPG

As an aside, Tom owns the #8 winged sprintcar driven by Brad Aumen earlier this year to the championship of the Northwest Sprint Tour.
Brad garnered Rookie Of The Year for his efforts.

Have fun with your project.

Take care.

I had the same car and motor when I was 19-20 years old. Glad I'm only squeezing a small block into mine. Looks like they rubbed the top of the rad support just a tad.

Back