Home portable gas pump

tinboatrobb

Any recommendations for a fuel transfer pump? I want to go from a Jerry can you my 6 gallon fuel tank in my tin boat. Tired of lifting it at awkward angles. Thanks.

Any recommendations for a fuel transfer pump? I want to go from a Jerry can you my 6 gallon fuel tank in my tin boat. Tired of lifting it at awkward angles. Thanks.
It may take some time to fill but I have used a common 12 volt electric fuel pump that I mounted on a stand. It worked well and was inexpensive. Rig the wiring to plug into your lighter socket or Scotty outlet with an inline on/off switch. For more volume, you could double-up on the pumps.

The one pictured may do the job out of the box for $80 on Amazon. Just add hoses. It says 10 gpm but even half that would be okay.

Attachments

• 51CbF35iCaL._AC_.jpg
    51CbF35iCaL._AC_.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Last edited:
TERA PUMP TRFA01 4-AA Battery Powered Fuel Transfer Pump w/Flexible Intake hose and No-spill Auto-Stop Nozzle, attachable to gas cans and more https://a.co/d/1pFXdlD
I bought my old man one of these and it works great after a couple years. I bought one for myself but only used it a handful of times. They used to be $50

It may take some time to fill but I have used a common 12 volt electric fuel pump that I mounted on a stand. It worked well and was inexpensive. Rig the wiring to plug into your lighter socket or Scotty outlet with an inline on/off switch. For more volume, you could double-up on the pumps.

The one pictured may do the job out of the box for $80 on Amazon. Just add hoses. It says 10 gpm but even half that would be okay.

I hope you’re not transferring gas with this.

I hope you’re not transferring gas with this.
Buddy, it's a wide open, exceptionally well ventilated space with electric pumps designed for fuel. If you plug in first, before switching, there's no spark. If you worry, just don't do it. Simple. Oh, of course, no smoking, farting or lighting off flares. Haha
TERA PUMP TRFA01 4-AA Battery Powered Fuel Transfer Pump w/Flexible Intake hose and No-spill Auto-Stop Nozzle, attachable to gas cans and more https://a.co/d/1pFXdlD
I bought my old man one of these and it works great after a couple years. I bought one for myself but only used it a handful of times. They used to be $50
That looks great! Now $80 - guess it's inflation.

The shaker siphon works great. The one at Canadian Tire is a bit small. The one at KMS is larger and emptys a 5 gallon can in about 60 seconds.
I have 3 or 4 of these. Very handy

The shaker siphon works great. The one at Canadian Tire is a bit small. The one at KMS is larger and emptys a 5 gallon can in about 60 seconds.
I have 3 or 4 of these. Very handy

I couldn't get those damn things to keep pumping. Not sure what I'm doing wrong

If it’s electric please make sure it’s brushless or it won’t matter if it’s hooked up before turned on
It's sparking at the terminals, hooking up alligator clips, where the issue is. When rated for use with fuel, the motor is sealed and explosion-proof, regardless. Many automotive fuel pumps operate submerged in gasoline.

Buddy, it's a wide open, exceptionally well ventilated space with electric pumps designed for fuel. If you plug in first, before switching, there's no spark. If you worry, just don't do it. Simple. Oh, of course, no smoking, farting or lighting off flares. Haha

That looks great! Now $80 - guess it's inflation.
Sorry man but your spreading really bad advice... Did you notice that they specifically do not list Gasoline as a media to be pumped. Diesel, Kerosene, light oils all listed but not Gasoline. Your advice is going to blow somebody up....

But I will shut up now.....

Back