Portable tank fuel fittings

N2013

I'm planning to set up my kicker to run on portable fuel tanks instead of being plumbed into my main tank. What style of fitting should I used on the tank & hose? It's a suzuki kicker, but I've seen two styles. Both the prong on the tank & a typical female fitting on the motor side, but my old kicker came with the round fittings (male on the tank and female on the motor side. Does it really matter? Tanks will be dual 3 gallon tanks and filled with gas station fuel and kept under the rear seat/motor well out of the rain. A primer bulb will also be in the system as well. Just looking for some advice.

I'm planning to set up my kicker to run on portable fuel tanks instead of being plumbed into my main tank. What style of fitting should I used on the tank & hose? It's a suzuki kicker, but I've seen two styles. Both the prong on the tank & a typical female fitting on the motor side, but my old kicker came with the round fittings (male on the tank and female on the motor side. Does it really matter? Tanks will be dual 3 gallon tanks and filled with gas station fuel and kept under the rear seat/motor well out of the rain. A primer bulb will also be in the system as well. Just looking for some advice.
For the connections to the fuel tank I really like the “Honda” small outboard style connection which looks a stainless airline coupling. I use this connection on the tank side for all my small outboards (a 6hp and my 9.9) It has an NPT thread into the tank.
This way my tanks are all interchangeable with all my small outboards.

It’s so obnoxious they all have different connectors.

Back