Help with Mercury 25hp 2 stroke

mikep

Hey guys im having a hard time figuring out where a small stainless steel link goes on my 1995 mercury 25 2 stroke. I am pretty sure mercury used the same link system throught the years on the 2 cyl engine. If someone has this engne could you please take a picture of the left side links. Im looking for the location of a small 3-4" stianless steel link 1/16" dia that connects near the choke. Any help would be great. thanks

serial # is 0G147828 and im pretty sure this is not the shift interlock link as that one is much longer.

contact breakers,, they got lots of old goodies....

The wire connects to the stator base and to the top of the choke arm at front of carb. If you pull on your choke knob it sits in the tall piece with the grove. The other end connects to the stator base. When you pull the primer knob it advances the ing. Timing abit

The wire connects to the stator base and to the top of the choke arm at front of carb. If you pull on your choke knob it sits in the tall piece with the grove. The other end connects to the stator base. When you pull the primer knob it advances the ing. Timing abit

wow... thats all i got

from what I can see there are two different idle wires. One is long and connects up under the flywheel and the other is short and I have no idea where it connects. I believe my engine takes the short model as the timing advance on the stator base is firmly connected with a turnbuckle style connector. I vividly remember the idle wire off my engine being about 3-4" long. The big question is will this engine run without it as this is a 25/18hp jet and i'm supposed to be going on a steelhead trip this weekend.

Back