Help finding my next/last boat.

why not just build a new 26 footer from riptide marine ?
the new ones are available for $60K.
push in a bit to get a used outboard and youre all set. plus its a new boat so no worries about hull condition.

I'm out on the Proline sale.Owner called to say he's taking offers for the next week and will sell to highest bidder.He said he's had over 30 inquiries and buyers are telling him he's under priced.I'm already thinking I won't find one for this fishing season ,so no rush to get into a bidding war.Something will come along eventually.
This is the second time I have heard this. Guys listing their boats low and then start a bidding war of guys wanting it. Same thing in the housing market.

Tough, that was a nice looking package on its face. 24 feet, two engines and 15 years old with autopilot and a trailer does seem about 20-40k underpriced. I think the cuddy cabin, full enclosure makes it a premium boat, it isn’t just a centre console fishing machine.

@zurk is that pricing current? Is that what you plan to get when yours sells? I have a tough time imagining how they can do that pricing unless it’s a bare hull with no electrical etc and even then it seems way higher than any other local builders.

why not just build a new 26 footer from riptide marine ?
the new ones are available for $60K.
push in a bit to get a used outboard and youre all set. plus its a new boat so no worries about hull condition.
Lots of welded aluminium boats sink, new does not mean no worries

Statements no less. Boats dont depriate really that much. I would say there are half that dont do maintenance the other half will keep the boat pristine. I pull everything reseal rebuild and improve. I would also say about half the boats for sale are broke and wanting to get dumped off.

I drove by this on the weekend, the pictures don't do justice to how fugly it is......which is a shame because otherwise its a cool hull

Looks like another of the Pearsons Bertram total rebuild job.There's definetely some talent out there to produce the boats they do.Wiring,upholstery hardtops and canvas work always looks good.I looked at the 25 Bertram (Canoe Cove) for sale with a Peninsular diesel and Bravo3 leg and was surprised to see the cuddy bed was useless unless your under 5Ft. tall at best.This one has the same deck with the pilot house added.The biggest complaint I've heard is that they put used outboards on the boats that don't last.A friend bought his Pursuit from them,boat was like new,but the outboards were junk.

Looks like another of the Pearsons Bertram total rebuild job.There's definetely some talent out there to produce the boats they do.Wiring,upholstery hardtops and canvas work always looks good.I looked at the 25 Bertram (Canoe Cove) for sale with a Peninsular diesel and Bravo3 leg and was surprised to see the cuddy bed was useless unless your under 5Ft. tall at best.This one has the same deck with the pilot house added.The biggest complaint I've heard is that they put used outboards on the boats that don't last.A friend bought his Pursuit from them,boat was like new,but the outboards were junk.
Not too sure about total rebuilt,I looked at half dozen boats from them, and they all looked the same, new wiring, and mask job on the hull and gel coat then slap used outboards on them and call it a complete refitt, the ones I looked at the structure itself add no work done to it, so definitely get a survey done and a mechanical too before you buy, I compared with Brant marine here in Ladner and when they call it a complete refit it’s a complete refitt bit pricy but worth it IMO

I looked at this boat from Brant Marine about 3 years ago. They were asking $45,000 then. Loved the boat but did not like the bolt on transom extension instead of a full proper pod. Maybe room to negotiate? Just purchase the hull? Too view it I just walked on the ferry and they picked me up. It's only ten minutes from the ferry.

A year later the perfect boat for me showed up for sale on this site. It was the Pilothouse 228 Grady from Myles.
Sometimes if you wait long enough good things happen.

Back