Hardtop replacement on Double Eagle or Hourston

Oly1

I was just wondering if anyone has reconfigured their hardtop on 22 to 26 Doubl Eagle or Hourston. Looking at possibly taking a rear sloping window hardtop command bridge and getting a custom hardtop made with forward sloping windows and deleting the command bridge. Also going to add 8 to 10 inches in height to the sidewalls if I go this route. Would make the boat similar to a Seasport, Osprey or Orca. Looking forward to hearing if anyone has done this before and where on Vancouver Island.

If going this route, where is the best place to source new windows for the project.

Oly

Saw the exact thing done all in Aluminum in Gold River a few years back, looked good. There was someone on the site here that was doing a GradyWhite quite a while back, don't know if it got finished but the was some drawing that looked good.

I was just wondering if anyone has reconfigured their hardtop on 22 to 26 Doubl Eagle or Hourston. Looking at possibly taking a rear sloping window hardtop command bridge and getting a custom hardtop made with forward sloping windows and deleting the command bridge. Also going to add 8 to 10 inches in height to the sidewalls if I go this route. Would make the boat similar to a Seasport, Osprey or Orca. Looking forward to hearing if anyone has done this before and where on Vancouver Island.

If going this route, where is the best place to source new windows for the project.

Oly

Hey, is this something like you are looking for?

IMG_1412.JPG

Saw the exact thing done all in Aluminum in Gold River a few years back, looked good. There was someone on the site here that was doing a GradyWhite quite a while back, don't know if it got finished but the was some drawing that looked good.

I was going to mention that Grady project as well. I think it was on A 208 but might of been Seafarer 226. I thought I also saw it for sale a few years ago? Anyways...he did a good job on it.

Oly

Oly1......don’t stop on just a new hardtop! Get a custom one from the trailer on up! Lol...;)

I think I saw one being done at DSS in Duncan a couple of years back. Maybe give them a call and ask what it cost to do.

They show a few pictures on their website...look good!
:

Hey, is this something like you are looking for?

View attachment 48706

Yah that’s what I’m looking for. Do you have some inside pictures of the hardtop? Is that a 26? I’m looking at adding about 10 inches of height to my whole project as well as forward sloping windows. Then there will be the rod holders and eyebrow Bimini etc. Have a place giving me a cursory price. (Not DSS) I will have to take the drawings to them for a price as well.

Oly

Oly1......don’t stop on just a new hardtop! Get a custom one from the trailer on up! Lol...;)

I already have the new trailer and good bones to start with (22 foot Double Eagle) that is paid for. Has everything that I need, flush toilet for my lovely wife, fridge, full electronics, radar, diesel heater etc. To start on a new build from the trailer up might cause my lovely wife to turn somewhat “unlovely”.

So for now,NO. LOL

Oly

I already have the new trailer and good bones to start with (22 foot Double Eagle) that is paid for. Has everything that I need, flush toilet for my lovely wife, fridge, full electronics, radar, diesel heater etc. To start on a new build from the trailer up might cause my lovely wife to turn somewhat “unlovely”.

So for now,NO. LOL

Oly

Well when your ready there are plenty of us on here to help you spend your money! :)

That looks like it’s on a 20 foot boat. Might bring the

pro·por·tion
/prəˈpôrSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. a part, share, or number considered in comparative relation to a whole.

back into the realm. I don’t dislike the proportions of this boat, but think that a slightly larger boat underneath would improve the overall looks. I will be giving DSS a call shortly to see if they have any input. Thanks for the tip. Anyone else have a place to check out??

Oly

Yeah I should clarify what I'm saying I guess. The design is great it would just look way better on a 30' boat.

Last edited:
Back