Hard Top addition for a Trophy

A-a-Ron

Looking into adding a hard top to my Trophy. Looked into it a bit seems like “custom” is the only way to go. Any leads on any sort of a kit type you could buy anywhere?? Or a good reputable place to bring it to? Got a couple local shops I can look into, seeing if anyone has experience with this.
My boat and pics of what I want…

Attachments

• 21E23E82-5C13-45D2-9106-6FD4CF7CBB69.jpeg
    21E23E82-5C13-45D2-9106-6FD4CF7CBB69.jpeg
    379.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 4014E785-425B-45EC-BEB4-278E9AB40779.jpeg
    4014E785-425B-45EC-BEB4-278E9AB40779.jpeg
    310.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 086EBF4F-0C2A-4D2C-B2DF-A53C9F6565BE.jpeg
    086EBF4F-0C2A-4D2C-B2DF-A53C9F6565BE.jpeg
    236 KB · Views: 61
Looking into adding a hard top to my Trophy. Looked into it a bit seems like “custom” is the only way to go. Any leads on any sort of a kit type you could buy anywhere?? Or a good reputable place to bring it to? Got a couple local shops I can look into, seeing if anyone has experience with this.
@gear and beer. He had one custom built for his boat

I built one for a Wellcraft a long while ago and can tell you it's very expensive.I consider it to be about a 6-10K price tag when all done.You might be better off selling your boat and finding another with the hardtop.If you can find one,I couldn't.Mine is a walk around model,the hardtop would make it much safer getting to the front.

Last edited:
Not sure where your at, but Brants marine in Ladner usually has a few take off sitting in the shop, they use to do retrofit some times, like Rayvon said it’s going to cost you a dollar or two

IMHO if you like your platform get it done , 2015 , 7500$ Top , 2600$ Canvas ~ Acrylic windshield. Liquid Metal Marine Sidney (excellent consultation process) Under cover canvas Metchosin. Best Regards
I'm naive to this type of fabrication. To me that top seems pretty simple, why does it cost so much?

I'm naive to this type of fabrication. To me that top seems pretty simple, why does it cost so much?
Design, fab work, glass work, material , install, goes quick at shop rate of avg 150$ an hr, probably more money now too with supply’s coasting more

Thanks all for the info, I have a few avenues to look into. I’ve poked around at different boats but that’s a bit of a gamble/hassle in itself… or I’ll go spend $150k+ on a new rig and wonder what the hell I’ve done. I like mine, it’s a super clean ‘06.

Not surprised with the cost estimates that’s kinda what I was expecting. With inflation these days BOAT now stands for bust-out-another-TEN-thousand :rolleyes:

Layout,bending,fitting,welding,coating etc for something like this is very labour intensive. Depends how fancy you want to get of course and if you decide on stainless or aluminum.

Back