Halibut: Good news

Thats the point. We all want to fish and this will allow us to.

Exactly, I want to fish all season not just March to July. August is the best month overall for weather and to give that up would have been a shame.

After rereading my posts from last night I want to apologize to people I may have offended. To the SFAB members and Chairs I would also like to apologize to you too for my rant last night. I do realize that your job is a thankless one, and I would like to thank you for the job you have done .
It is just that I do not believe in a slot limit fishery for any fish. I do realize that the SFAB was just trying to do the best thing for everyone but I think you came up a little short this time. I think a better option would have been to push the start and end date back (say maybe May to October) and maybe leave some of the TAC on the table for next year. This is when the bulk of the people fish anyway.
Someone asked last night what I meant by going down a dangerous road this is. What I meant was, now that we are going with this it is just another tool for DFO to whittle away the pie. Every year the pie has gotten smaller.
Anyway to the SFAB I will be there on the 21th and will try to do a better job of trying to get to more meetings in the future. Casper

Back