Guide's day off - Albie fishing

And there you go, another reason to be out there with a companion boat. You blow your single motor and something goes wrong with the kicker, it could be a disaster. With a companion boat, it is an inconvenience, maybe a major one, but you're getting home...

The other one is liferafts. Even in the bigger guide boats around here, not many have one. If you were out there solo and something goes badly wrong, that's potentially a life and death omission.

But enough doom and gloom, awesome pics, awesome thread, makes me crazy with jealousy...next year...next year...

Yeah I agree-I'm all for it. Where do you leave from-Ukee?? I'm going to bring all my tuna gear back from Mexico and think I'll give it a try if I can get the right situation.

th_fishing2006026.jpg

quote:Originally posted by juandesooka

And there you go, another reason to be out there with a companion boat. You blow your single motor and something goes wrong with the kicker, it could be a disaster. With a companion boat, it is an inconvenience, maybe a major one, but you're getting home...

The other one is liferafts. Even in the bigger guide boats around here, not many have one. If you were out there solo and something goes badly wrong, that's potentially a life and death omission.

But enough doom and gloom, awesome pics, awesome thread, makes me crazy with jealousy...next year...next year...
I agree that you have to think about the possible doom and gloom. I wouldn't go solo without a life raft as you're truly on your own out there without a companion boat. I had 2 boats standing by in case we needed help - vey reassuring.

Back