Tuna stuff from September

Osama Bin Hopper

Hey, finally got my lazy butt around to uploading and organizing this stuff. Here's some pics and vids from one of the adventures...

Start of the day. Plugging in the numbers from my good buddy Fishtofino and getting ready to roll.

http://s571.photobucket.com/albums/...action=view&current=tunasep142010jason005.mp4

On the grounds starting the hunt.

http://s571.photobucket.com/albums/...action=view&current=tunasep142010jason012.mp4

Didn't take long for Slivo to be onto his first ever albie!!

http://s571.photobucket.com/albums/...action=view&current=tunasep142010jason016.mp4

Ish on and then in!

http://s571.photobucket.com/albums/...action=view&current=tunasep142010jason019.mp4

http://s571.photobucket.com/albums/...action=view&current=tunasep142010jason020.mp4

Some pics

Happy boys

tunasep142010006.jpg

tunasep142010013.jpg

Ish and a winner

tunasep142010017.jpg

I got one!

tunasep142010jason037.jpg

We found a little school of juvenile sunfish hangin on the surface so Slivo grabbed one for a quick pic.

tunasep142010021.jpg

Ok so hopefully that gets some blood pumpin for next year boyz!!!

We are gonna host a week long tuna shootout in September to help get guys in position for this next year. If currents and weather become prohibitive focus will have to swich to hali and coho which are both still thick then.

Those guys that normally fish out of Ucy or Tofino should consider leaving there rigs for an extra couple weeks and joining the fray, it's worth it;):D

Talk of doing it every year, but after this season I'm hooked. Will continue to post and develop this idea after the New Year!

Gimee the gaff!!!

Keep me posted on the details.

What was that white thing around your waist, Rabbi? [:p]

Pretty cool Osama! That's a pretty slick way to drag the fish up and into the boat.

Have you hugged a Gorby today??? ;P

I tried to email about it, but I think it bounced back to me. I've already started drumming up interest from some CR'ites to come out next year. LMK the details please.

<Get Busy Livin, or Get Busy Dying>

where are you guys running out to? i.e., would it possible to have a bought leaving renfrew meet up on the way out? (do u go straight out west or sw)

img3937n.jpg

First time out we were quite a bit sw between Nitinat and Barkley canyons.

Next couple times up the island a bit further, but in a tiny bit closer - Barkley/Louden some guys were up into Clayqout as well.

Definitely could have had Renny boats on that first one. We actually f'd up and came way down that way first and had to run 40 miles back up the coast first day out... sketchy fuel situation to say the least...[:0]

Gimee the gaff!!!

Osama....what is with the white cord/line dragging out behind the starboard side of the boat?

awesome!! looks like a boat load of fun and definitely an emerging fishery.
Keep us updated for next summer on planned trips, ide love to meet up and head out with you guys!

img3937n.jpg

We'll do for sure. Renny in the house!!

Pippen thats a meat line. Twine to bungee attached to leader, clone dragging right there.

First day out C.S. and I almost schit ourselves when that line started swimming back and forth on us! You leave the fish on and keep motoring. The disturbance attracts more tuna to the rods and off she goes!!

You'll have to get in on it next year dude!:D

Gimee the gaff!!!

Hey Jeff, Ian here. I will try to find some pics of our trip out there on the Trophy Hunter.. Waaaaay to much fun man....
Only got out there the one time, but we did allright, and a pretty good average on the size as well...

www.bamfieldsportfishing.com

quote:Originally posted by Osama Bin Hopper

Pippen thats a meat line. Twine to bungee attached to leader, clone dragging right there.

First day out C.S. and I almost schit ourselves when that line started swimming back and forth on us! You leave the fish on and keep motoring. The disturbance attracts more tuna to the rods and off she goes!!

Now THAT is something I could get into!! I would be very, very interested! We've had talk of trying it out of Kyuquot later in the summer, but the trek has never materialized.

So basically the "clone" is nothing more than a "dummy flasher"...although it looks like a bait..it's just an attractant without a hook....to put it in perspective for a salmon guy? ;)

Just did some googling and is this kinda what they are? No hook.

Lure_Tuna_Clone_Fishing_Lures__Marlin_Lure_Featherundefined.jpg

Gimee the gaff!!!

Right on Ian! More pics the better!!

Can't wait till next year!

[8D]TUNA SHOOTOUT[8D]

Pippen - mighta been a hook...;)

Gimee the gaff!!!

quote:Originally posted by Pippen

quote:Originally posted by Osama Bin Hopper

Now THAT is something I could get into!! I would be very, very interested! We've had talk of trying it out of Kyuquot later in the summer, but the trek has never materialized.

So basically the "clone" is nothing more than a "dummy flasher"...although it looks like a bait..it's just an attractant without a hook....to put it in perspective for a salmon guy? ;)

Just did some googling and is this kinda what they are? No hook.

Lure_Tuna_Clone_Fishing_Lures__Marlin_Lure_Featherundefined.jpg

Gimee the gaff!!!

Actually the line threads thru the body and is attached to the hook, like a hootchie.

Sept310Albies027.jpg

Fabulous pics-what great weather!

Meat line is just that-an armed bait attached to the boat-also called a Hand Line.

Back