Hali

Tips Up

Myself and Frayed Knot with a couple of flatty's today fishing with Tailout. Thanks for a great day Rick!
SportsFishingBC

Tips Up

Shouldnt you have been looking for your prawn traps LOL LOL.

Good on you to get them in that short of a tide.
So where were you? got a lat long?what time did you go out?how deep?
what were you using?

Im kidding rick and Graham but still great catch see you out in sooke soon enough.

Wolf

Hey roy
We where in your spot!and as deep as you fish!between 7am & 3pm LoL

Good score boys... we took a pair of 50's today off Oakbay
herring and octopus was the flavor of the day !:)

Burp! Ah nothin better than fresh Hali, ala Fah-Cups secret deep fried recipe! I scored a 43 pounder today, Thanks Fah-Cups. Outstanding day on the water. Good Friend, good times and great food.:D

quote:Originally posted by ocean explorer

r.s craven what time were you out fishing at oak bay at?

launched about 7:30am and fished through end of the ebb
also caught a monster skate
anybody eat those weird creatures ?:D

quote:Originally posted by r.s craven

Apparantly you can make "immitation scallops" out of the wings by filleting them, then banging out "scallops" with a chunk of 1.5" pipe. I heard that from an old commercial guy, I don't know if he was yanking my chain or not. Maybe Wolf or someone who's in the know with cooking can chime in here?

quote:Originally posted by r.s craven

Apparantly you can make "immitation scallops" out of the wings by filleting them, then banging out "scallops" with a chunk of 1.5" pipe. I heard that from an old commercial guy, I don't know if he was yanking my chain or not. Maybe Wolf or someone who's in the know with cooking can chime in here?

I'v caught a few skate, one halibut fishing while anchored, then another big one when I was kid surf fishing off the beach at port Renfrew on a spinning rod and reel ! Thought I snagged a log till it started to pull back! got it on the beach and we hauled this beast in.. It attracted a huge crowed. This one guy told me, they are good to eat however, before you kill it, you have to quickly clean it and remove the poison gland. Once it dies the poison runs through the Skates meat and makes the meat taste awful. Never tried to eat it so I don't know.. just what some one told me once.. don't know if its true or not...

I'v caught a few skate, one halibut fishing while anchored, then another big one when I was kid surf fishing off the beach at port Renfrew on a spinning rod and reel ! Thought I snagged a log till it started to pull back! got it on the beach and we hauled this beast in.. It attracted a huge crowed. This one guy told me, they are good to eat however, before you kill it, you have to quickly clean it and remove the poison gland. Once it dies the poison runs through the Skates meat and makes the meat taste awful. Never tried to eat it so I don't know.. just what some one told me once.. don't know if its true or not...

Your right Kelly they ues a pipe that is sharp on the edge of it and punch them out. it is a bit of work but not bad. If you see in a restaurant "swimming scalopps" that what your getting.

Back