Good news-- Fish farmers ordered to release mortality data

Bout freakin time!!!! Thumbs up!

Edit for:
After a bit of thought. Given the rescent orca court ruling, and this new development, I see the bowling ball has started rolling and it's a 7 10 split. I hope we sporties are one of those two pins and not one that got knocked over by one of the others. Unfortunatley, I bet 7 is commies and 10 is FN.

Not to hijack a thread but....Picture prototype: (suggestions welcome)
DFO.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing wrong with the bowling scenario is the DFO ball should be in the gutter, but the pins still fall as shown....leaves you wondering and confused as to how and why they fell.

This is good news. It is necessary for the information on individual fish farms to be made public. Not data that is compiled and averaged and mixed together to show better than reality results in order to mask problems. If certain fish farms are not up to standards for maintaining healthy clean fish then they need to be made to clean it up or shut it down so that there is not a "hidden" risk to the Wild and hatchery runs of indigenous west coast fish. There is no excuse for lack of complete transparency on this issue. If there are proven problems due to fish farms then get them out of here. If the farms are proven to be no risk to the local fish, then fine, let them remain in place and also maintain regular monitoring and complete transparency so that the people of this province can understand the potential and up to date risks to their "natural" resource.

Back