Gold Star / Silver Horde Spoons

Slabby20

There's been lot's of discussion on here about the Coyote spoons now being made in China with their crap finishes and cheap rings and hooks. To make things even worse, they are going to be significantly reducing the number of patterns they produce, if they haven't already. I've been using more and more other types of spoons and I really like the 4" Silver Horde/GoldStar Kingfisher "Lite" spoons like the ones below. They are very similar to the Coyote except the finish and quality is much, much better than what the Coyotes have now. These two colors are new and have been out about a month. The one on the left is called "Irish Cream" and the one on the right is the "Cookies and Cream". The back side of both is a pearl white finish. They are light, have good action and they have been working extremely well on the winter Chinook down here. They both are UV and Double Glow. I'm not sure how much Silver Horde product you see in BC so I thought I'd pass it on.

Slabby

DSCN6412.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Slabby20

There's been lot's of discussion on here about the Coyote spoons now being made in China with their crap finishes and cheap rings and hooks. To make things even worse, they are going to be significantly reducing the number of patterns they produce, if they haven't already. I've been using more and more other types of spoons and I really like the 4" Silver Horde/GoldStar Kingfisher "Lite" spoons like the ones below. They are very similar to the Coyote except the finish and quality is much, much better than what the Coyotes have now. These two colors are new and have been out about a month. The one on the left is called "Irish Cream" and the one on the right is the "Cookies and Cream". The back side of both is a pearl white finish. They are light, have good action and they have been working extremely well on the winter Chinook down here. They both are UV and Double Glow. I'm not sure how much Silver Horde product you see in BC so I thought I'd pass it on.

Slabby

DSCN6412.jpg
NICE!! Thanks for that. I'll be getting me some of them - especially the Cookie and Cream.I've used their "Coho Killers" for years with great success when the Salmon are keyed in on Needlefish.

DogBreath,

I like the Matzuo hooks and I use them on pretty much all my spoons and hootchies. They hook up nicely and they seem to really hold on to a fish once hooked.

Holmes,

Down here the cost ranges from about $3.50 to $4.50 depending on where I buy them. Priced about the same as a Coyote.

Have used those hooks all last year on Silver Hoard hoochies and they work well seems to keep the hook or the point turned into the fish. Crapy Tire is the only place I know of around here that sell em, I have been replacing the crappy ones that come on [xx(] Coyotes.

[/quote]
NICE!! Thanks for that. I'll be getting me some of them - especially the Cookie and Cream.I've used their "Coho Killers" for years with great success when the Salmon are keyed in on Needlefish.
[/quote]

I agree on the Coho Killers, an awesome little spoon for when the Salmon are gorging themselves on neddlefish and sand lance!!!

DSCN4812-2-1.jpg

The White Lightning color in that spoon is absolutely killing them down here in the Sound, and we used it in the Strait on Hein Bank with great results. I will be running them in the Discovery Bay derby this year.

Just Emailed you on us regular folks getting our hands on some of those colors in Tubby's and Tomic Spoons. Making a sizeable order after Christmas. Been doing really well in the sound using Tomic 602's as a attractor and running the Silver Horde White Lightning Kingfisher 32" behind it, and running a 5" tubby on the other side. I might even order a Codfather spoon that he stunned us with at the last minute in the Derby up there.

quote:Originally posted by Roll the Bones

The White Lightning color in that spoon is absolutely killing them down here in the Sound, and we used it in the Strait on Hein Bank with great results. I will be running them in the Discovery Bay derby this year.

Bones... the derby has been cancelled this year!

www.CaptainDownriggins.com

quote:Originally posted by Roll the Bones

Bones... the derby has been cancelled this year!

www.CaptainDownriggins.com

Can you get these spoons anywhere in Victoria? Or do I gotta goto PNT to order them? I wanna try those suckers out!

Can you get these spoons anywhere in Victoria? Or do I gotta goto PNT to order them? I wanna try those suckers out!

Yea I just heard about the Disco Derby being cancelled. Damn shame! I will fish the Strait in February when it opens. Hein is so good to me.

if i am not mistaken, you can be fishing hein right now if you choose, marine area 7 is currently open for salmon.

Back