Go to flahsers for Coho?

Franko Manini

Guys,

I was wondering if anyone had some favourite flasher colours for Coho fishing? Every time I see reports that reference what gear fish were caught on they focus on the spoon, hootchie, or they just say "anchovy" or herring". So that's fine, I've got a good idea of what the pointy end should look like. But what about the flasher? Does it matter less for Coho?

Cheers,

Green hot spot is my #1 go to. I used to use a glow/army truck flasher, but sacrificed it to a seal earlier this summer. Haven't been able to find a replacement for it yet.

the common green and silver seems like a good standby for coho's... I like the purples also... purple onion, etc.
coho's don't usually seem too picky to me if they're around in numbers...

yup greens, sometimes with a blue stripe..

When I have the oppertunity to troll ,I fish chinook flasher would be green and gold .or palco #2 dodger .Coho are bi-catch and have a season and style of there own, that dosn't require a flasher.

The cheapest one....or ANY one.

How about that one?

the common green and silver seems like a good standby for coho's... I like the purples also... purple onion, etc.
coho's don't usually seem too picky to me if they're around in numbers...
Dito...including green onion glow, puple haze, and gold betsy.

Green Oki Coho Special flasher, Gibbs Blue stripe. I think FM is right though coho aren't that particular. Caught lots on red, purple, and purple haze as well

Last edited:
Rotary style flashers direct to cannonball as dummies, 5-ft lead, then spoons run 5-ft above and 10-15ft behind clip. Use converted 8-wt fly rod on shallower side and lighter "3-power" mooching rod on other to try to maximize the fight. Coho are fun to catch on appropriate tackle … heavy chinook rods dragging full size 11" flashers take all the fun out of 6-10lb coho in my humble opinion.

Cheers!

Ukee

pretty much only fish chartreuse blade with glow crush and the standard silver tape on the other side for everything. have a hard time believing anything other than glow , uv, or chrome really have any effect on fish attracting, same goes for teaser heads for me.

The Green hot spot flasher with a Tom Mack spoon. Or a coho special flasher with a green splatter hootchy.

Back