Gas prices

Bloodbuggy

Hi was just wondering with gas prices being as low as they are right now, any methods for stocking up for the upcoming season? I got about 15 big jerry cans I'm thinking about filling up cause you know those prices won't last into the season.

This (should/would/and could) last (all/next) season..

Just call OPEC.....

Wholesalers will still indulge in their spring price jack, it's traditional. They will claim it's due to refineries going off line for maintenance and for a surge in demand as winter ends, but that's all bollocks. Anyone that shuts down capacity right when it's needed is either very stupid or a knowing part of the price gouging and collusion that have been going on for decades.

about .65c/ltr just across the boarder and 1.25 at the marina here, and .97c/ltr at the arco just down the road
I'd say jerry cans are in order

I think also they will be low for a long time also . OPEC is trying to squeeze out the shale oil industry. World is flush with oil, USA is almost if not self sufficient all ready, modern technology continues to find reserves unattainable 20 years ago.
Opec use to have a lot influence in setting prices but with so much oil capacity on the world market they don't have the influence like they use to so there dumping oil to drive the price down. Maybe im wrong but thats my take.

at $4 or $5 extraction cost for Saudis to pull oil even at $40 a barrel they are making a lot more than what we do here or in the states.

Gas prices in the lower USA continue to drop.

In Arizona
Reg gas is as low as $1.70 US gal or $.49 Canadian Lt
Diesel is as low as $2.30 US gal or $.68 Canadian Lt.

Taxes are low in AZ and no Environmental tax on fuel like in BC. What is the enviro tax now?
An additional +- $.13??? per Lt. which goes to the Gov and then going to Carbon credits???

I based the Canadian $ on $.17 exchange for the gas prices and now I just saw it is now at $.20 exchange.

Should be a few people coming North this summer with that increase..

Taxes are low in AZ and no Environmental tax on fuel like in BC. What is the enviro tax now?
An additional +- $.13??? per Lt. which goes to the Gov and then going to Carbon credits???

I see from your ?? marks you are asking how this works.
The carbon tax you pay at the pump goes back to you in the form of less personal / corporate tax.
It's a revenue neutral tax and is the law in BC. You can read more here on this link
http://www.fin.gov.bc.ca/tbs/tp/climate/carbon_tax.htm

The carbon credits you are asking about is a program to make provincial government carbon neutral.
If memory severs it was found that the money was going to Oil & Gas companies for some carbon shenanigans.
Yup the richest industry in the history of money getting money for the problem they created.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...gram-slammed-by-b-c-auditor-general-1.1351316

Are either of these programs right?
The problem is when dishonest people are given access to the cookie jar.
It's not going to end well...

We have serious problems that require serious work and it's not helpful when unethical people get involved.

Back