G Force, Coyote or Silver Horde Spoons?

RBL

Just looking for some advice on which brand you prefer and any modifications you may make with hooks or swivels? Thanks

Been fishing pedder and Beecher the past few months Skinny G's No Bananas and cop car have been doing the trick. Put down a few coho killers and uv white hoochie getting some small one. GIBBS SHINNY G'S ARE MY CHOICE . Trying the Andrew P Sand lance this weekend from Peetz reels

Reactions: RBL
I tested a few different brands of 5" spoons a few years back by dragging them at the dock at various speeds. Silver Horde & Coyote are the only brands I recall the names of. Coyote had a good action at a wide range of speeds while the Silver Horde only worked at a faster speed. I now will put on a Tomic spoon as a first choice because they are bigger. A few years back I was fishing with Tomic spoons & while fighting one fish the other spoon that was hanging straight down hooked-up - so much for what action is best.
In fishing, everything matters; some matter more. What matters more changes often. I think color & size matter more than brand. When Coyote's first came out (1990 or so) you could only get a 3" size. I gave a white with blue chevrons to a guide in Tofino (Jack Bauer) who nicknamed it Jonathan Livingston Seagull - he caught countless Chinook/Halibut on that little spoon & the color has long since been discontinued.

Hard to go wrong with green. Coyote makes a Cop Car with a green stripe called a "Super Trooper", which is HOT!!

The old *made in USA* coyotes if you can find them, otherwise the skinny G, G-force, coho killers, AP sandlance, etc. they all work!

Each brand of spoon has its pros and cons. Try em all and see what works best for you.

Thanks guys. Yeah it's seems like it doesn't matter what I use on the west coast in the summer, but right now the fishing around Nanaimo has been slow most days. Too many cod to run bait so I'm going to load up on different color spoons!!!

Back