Fuses between Blue Sea SI-ACR and Starter/House Batteries?

bigdogg1

What have people used? I have about 1.5' from the ACR to each of the batteries (Starter and House). I have landed on using 4 AWG wire to each battery. I have installed this system a few times but wanted to go by book and add a fuse to each run.

What do you use and recommend? Motors are a 250 and a 9.9 and house draw is typical with riggers, Lawrence, bilge pumps, lights horn, etc. Have done a few calculations on the the Blue Sea page but more interested in fuse type and size.

Thanks.

As suggested by CPM and BB MRBF battery post terminal fuses at 100 amp for 4 gauge wiring. About $40 each on Amazon. Recommended by Blue Seas and for piece of mind add the green LED ACR performance indicator to your dash Nice, clean installation.

Thanks everyone. Went with the Blue Sea MRBF set up yesterday. What a great way to go!

Drink, are you referring to one of the 3 spade tabs at the bottom on the SI ACR? If so, can you explain it to me? I have previously only added the smaller ACR which only had a single tab for the ground connection.

Thanks everyone. Went with the Blue Sea MRBF set up yesterday. What a great way to go!

Drink, are you referring to one of the 3 spade tabs at the bottom on the SI ACR? If so, can you explain it to me? I have previously only added the smaller ACR which only had a single tab for the ground connection.

Yes, the right hand spade tip on ACR model 7650. My batteries where in the cuddly so simple access to the dash.
Installed green Blue Seas LED:
Light on batteries are combined
Light off batteries isolated
Fast Flash batteries under voltage lockdown and needs to be investigated

Back