fuel economy

Having a broker work for you is a great way to find a boat....a good one knows where to find boats sometimes even before they are listed for sale...
Once I knew the exact boat I wanted...my broker actually went to owners that had the type of boat I was looking for and asked if they were interested in seling...
Times down south are very interesting right now...close to a recession so people are selling most of their toys...
The broker I used was John Falavolito....he can be reached by e-mail at john.f@wmeyachts.com
I had a really good a productive experience with this broker...some aren't so good...just passing it on.

Real nice boat IFL.

A broker is a generic term for a middle man so a boat broker is different to a border broker as to a stock broker etc. With this dollar, there is some sweet deals now.

hey serengeti, where are you out of? Do you have a lodge? How many boats do you have? All pursuits? You run 4 stk yamahas right? Im thinking of suzukis because I think I can get them considerably cheaper than yams. My sources tell me that I can get two 175's new for $25 000 in washington. Almost sounds too good to be true but i think Id be a fool not to check it out. What about good used engines? What do you guys think? The only thing I know for sure is that my current fuel bill is unaffordable. What do the rest of you contract guides charge a day on average? I think I need to charge 800$/ day to make it worthwhile based on my current running time of 3 to 4 hours a day. Id like to cut my running time down, but I also have to go where the fishing is best.

I have a twin Yami 225 4 strokes on my 2870 Pursuit. They burn about 70-80 Litres an hours at 4200 RPM. (30 Knots). They burn about 180 L per hour at 45 Knots...or 5700 RPM! LOL

Hope this helps!

david, sounds like youve got a really great thing going on. Ive been guiding all my life but just started working on my own thing the past season. Im a heavy duty mechanic in the winter, almost recognize the "M" on the side of your truck. Do you log in the winter? Our paths may have crossed at some point in the past. Anyway, I will have new engines by spring.. hopefully make some money this season. Thanks for the advice. 800$ would cover boat/guide ,gear and fuel. 10 hours.

That would actually be my Dad's truck...he works for Munn's lumber out of mesachie lake..general manager for them. He guides one boat, I the other. Fishing is by far the most amazing passtime out there...so it's a great way to earn tuition, and even a better way to spend a summer. I think anyone who guides/fishes all summer will agree they wouldn't have it any other way. No prob IFL. Have a great one,

David

Back