Bertram 28 Flybridge

Unreel

Well it pains me to put my dream boat up for sale but unfortunately it just doesn't fit with my plans and the boat is just sitting and taking up driveway space. Its a 1978 Bertram Flybridge Cruiser. I had planned to pod this and put a couple used 225-300's on it but I just don't think it will be the right setup for my business. It has been sitting, covered for 4 years now. The engines (rebuilt twin 351 Windsors) do run, just had them running about 5 months ago, spent $500 on rebuilding one heat exchanger and one oil cooler. The other ones need the same. Before it got put on the hard i spent a bunch of money fixing up both engines, plugs, distributor, cap, rotor, carbs rebuilt etc. Also both Y collectors need replacing in the exhaust ($2500). This is a project boat, you could spend some money on fixing it up and running with current engines or go the pod route. The deck is massive, 85sq ft, 11ft beam, this boat is a beast. Pics are from when the boat was last in the water. Last picture is of another 28 with outboard conversion. There is no trailer but a boat mover can easily pickup and transport the boat and set it up with cribbing like it is currently. Open to discussions but i think $10k is pretty reasonable. Also open to someone talking me out of this decision too lol 😫
image3(1).jpegimage2(4).jpegimage2(2).jpegimage5(1).jpegimage4(1).jpegimage3(2).jpegimage5.jpegimage6.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a question about the deck.
Unless I misunderstand the photos...
You step up from the cabin onto the "mid deck" then back down to the "aft deck" ?
Why is that?

Back