Forum members BOATS

I added a new life raft to the boat this spring. It's a Revere 4-person Offshore Commander. Now I'm even more prepared for those tuna adventures.

LifeRaft.jpg

Finally got my 2010 kingfisher 2425 all rigged up how I like it for some boat camping / fish chasing weekends.
Yakima roof racks, skybox and cage for cooler, traps, and camping gear. Lowrance hds5 rear sounder. Rear deck cover made by fawcett boat covers in parksville, they did an awesome job at a very reasonable price if anyone is looking for canvas work.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Not sure what the metal is around the window for. Boat came like that when I bought it. The previous owner had a major obsession with having a ridiculous amount of rod holders. Beauty thing is the main only had 120 hours on it. I upgraded all the electronics. Put in a killer stereo and now I have a really awesome fishing boat. View attachment 11510

I looked at that boat in the Sidney area last year......hope you got a good deal.

Seadna, what do you use to pull your boat? Looks like you've got quite a bit of mass there.
The boat and aluminum trailer is just under 10,000lbs. It mostly gets towed with a 2500 Silverado Duromax diesel with an Allison transmission. That's rated for 14k towing but it's my co-owner's truck. I have a Tundra rated for 10,400 that I tow with. Power and braking are no problem with the Tundra. I had to add air springs to keep the rear end up. I got the aluminum trailer to shave about 1000#'s off the total weight. With a galvanized trailer, I'd be over the tow limit. On average we only tow it about 6-8 times/year. Out and back to the coast where we leave it moored, out and back to get it serviced and then a few other trips.

Last edited by a moderator:
New to me 98 2870 Pursuit

Well thought I would finally get around to posting a couple pics of my new to me 2870 Pursuit; only had it out a couple times now but had it for over a month now. Been going through it fixing and replacing pumps and electrical as well as fittings. Gotta get her ready for tuna in July. These pics are of her just before shipping to me; once I have the new registration numbers on her and all cleaned up I will add more photos.

Attachments

• DSCF6526.jpg
    DSCF6526.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 1,246
  • DSCF6525 (1).jpg
    DSCF6525 (1).jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,257
my Grady

Here is my (new to me) Grady White Journey...
image.jpg

That actually is the the hull serial number....I am on my second arima, so that would make it a 1987 17 Sea Ranger...Not sure why its on the hull like that to be honest

Don't know either, but you'll want to get your BC registration numbers on there before you venture out on the water.

That makes sense- nice boat!!! tell the mounties that the BC numbers are in the mail! and give er!
That actually is the the hull serial number....I am on my second arima, so that would make it a 1987 17 Sea Ranger...Not sure why its on the hull like that to be honest

Ya, I read the wrong numbers off the form. And now I can't find the form. The replacement form IS in the mail. Burns is correct, that is the hull number. Ya, ya, ya, I'm an idiot. Let's move on. :rolleyes:

Back