Forum members BOATS

Tains, congratulations, very nice boat. I notice the distance from your hitch coupler to the trailer upright where the winch is looks like its 8 ft or so. How do you find the towing? I suspect you could shorten that if it helped handling, but, maybe you prefer it that way. Just curious how it handles. Again beautiful looking rig.

Tains, congratulations, very nice boat. I notice the distance from your hitch coupler to the trailer upright where the winch is looks like its 8 ft or so. How do you find the towing? I suspect you could shorten that if it helped handling, but, maybe you prefer it that way. Just curious how it handles. Again beautiful looking rig.

I ordered the trailer and it was tight for time to load it on the trailer and set it up before the transport company picked it up. Have to move the rear bunks forward as well as the winch. Handling is terrible.

After buying the new house, moving back from Saskatchewan, etc. I had just enough money left to grab this little beauty. I won't be going too far offshore but far enough for me. Plus I can fish some of the lakes on the island. And I get to use all the tackle that's been in the closet for ever. Yahoo...
DSCN2626.jpgDSCN2630.jpg

Is that a Hourston hull LowTide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it is a Hourston. I think it's from the Eighties but it is in good shape. The P.O. used it to guide with occasionally, so it's rigged to go. He even threw in a Herring Rake, but that's something I've never used.

After buying the new house, moving back from Saskatchewan, etc. I had just enough money left to grab this little beauty. I won't be going too far offshore but far enough for me. Plus I can fish some of the lakes on the island. And I get to use all the tackle that's been in the closet for ever. Yahoo...
View attachment 11307View attachment 11308

nice rig!
i went and looked at it, made the guy an offer and he kicked me off his property for insulting him and wasting his time. This was around xmas time, and I saw it listed a short time ago again on used vic for less than i offered him originally. Nice buy!

Here is a pic of my boat
e9umyvez.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
You should try it Spring Fever. I was trolling for Halibut it was like shooting fish in a barrel........Just kidding..... I had the boat beached and the kids were playing in the water

You should try it Spring Fever. I was trolling for Halibut it was like shooting fish in a barrel........Just kidding..... I had the boat beached and the kids were playing in the water
Yeah figured that!! One of the real advantages of aluminum boats!! Great shot by the way!!

Back