Forum members BOATS

Was asked to post some pictures up... About time I did actually since it's finally finished and in the water!

60+ Hours sanding, polishing, sealing, and waxing. Plus a console re-wire and LED spot light install, among other things you have to do when you get a new (used) boat!

Before:

20140225_163634_Richtone(HDR).jpg

After:

20140415_075038_Richtone(HDR).jpg

20140331_192600_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Last Friday, it's maiden voyage.

20140418_103459_Richtone(HDR).jpg

I should really make a thread of the whole retro we did, was a ton of work for only a few weeks till it had to be on the water! Big upgrade from the 'cookie cutter' style hull we had before! Could use a bit more power, but other then that, it works well!

Funniest comment I've received so far was some guy walking down the street, stopping to pull out his camera and comment: "Wow, they don't make too many of those stainless boats like that hey? Must've been pretty expensive!", haha!

I can see why he thought that, looks like a million bucks. Your hard work has paid off.

Last edited by a moderator:
e7arazyn.jpg
knucklebuster I I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was asked to post some pictures up... About time I did actually since it's finally finished and in the water!

60+ Hours sanding, polishing, sealing, and waxing. Plus a console re-wire and LED spot light install, among other things you have to do when you get a new (used) boat!

Before:

View attachment 11404

After:

View attachment 11405

View attachment 11406

Last Friday, it's maiden voyage.

View attachment 11408

I should really make a thread of the whole retro we did, was a ton of work for only a few weeks till it had to be on the water! Big upgrade from the 'cookie cutter' style hull we had before! Could use a bit more power, but other then that, it works well!

Funniest comment I've received so far was some guy walking down the street, stopping to pull out his camera and comment: "Wow, they don't make too many of those stainless boats like that hey? Must've been pretty expensive!", haha!

beauty Ironwood. Looks like Texada on the horizon and fearney point behind you...

beauty Ironwood. Looks like Texada on the horizon and fearney point behind you...

Thanks, actually... Not far off the mark! Just a little NW of that ;) Good catch!

Fishing is tough there right now! Going to try south of Texada/Epsom next time I am out and it isn't blowing like last weekend!

Beautiful lines on that boat Fishin'Zinn. :cool:

Awesome job on polishing it, tried that on my tinny and gave up for now, definitely start a thread on the before and after and how to project if you have time.

On a side note if the black gunnel thingy that looks like a "D" rubber bumper gets water in between itself and the aluminum hull (and it will) will promote crevice corrosion, not a good thing. I removed mine and had to fix some ugly pitting

cheers

Beautiful "stainless" boat Fishin'Zinn :). I love those ironwoods. How long do you think it will take before it oxidizes again?

^ I actually coated it with a 'micro-clearcoat' called opti-coat, which is usually used for car detailing... So hopefully, longer than just a few months! Also sealed it with a good synthetic wax. If I do have to polish it again, it will definiltey be easier now that the initial work was done!

Gypseas, I agree with the rubber bumper getting water in it, not really something you can deal with unless you take it off. For all intensive purposes, I think most people wouldn't even think about it - especially being mostly guide boats, I bet they get the crap kicked out of them enough to go to the scrapper before any corrosion has to be looked at! This design uses a 1" Plastic solid pipe sheathed with an 1" ID rubber hose, and it may even be sealed where it is contacting the face directly. I like the design of the bumper, yet I agree water will be trapped in there on the top/bottom when it is really wet out and eventually cause corrosion... Good thing the Aluminum on the boat is thick :p ! I think no matter what company you go with, everyone builds an aluminum boat differently and they all have their own intricacies and little things we may necessarily not agree with!

And thanks for the compliments :) very humbling!

Nice looking boat and lots of work to make it shine. You should be easy to spot on the water, just look for the shine.

Hope you have a great fishing season.

Beauty boat wet dream.... Just wondering what the rack thing is in front of the windshield? No shortage of rail mounts either!

Beauty boat wet dream.... Just wondering what the rack thing is in front of the windshield? No shortage of rail mounts either!

Not sure what the metal is around the window for. Boat came like that when I bought it. The previous owner had a major obsession with having a ridiculous amount of rod holders. Beauty thing is the main only had 120 hours on it. I upgraded all the electronics. Put in a killer stereo and now I have a really awesome fishing boat. image.jpg

Back