For those that use black boxes only !!!

MyEscape

What setting have you found the best for winter springs ?
How far back are you from the D.R. clips ?
What setting have you found is best during spring and summer ?
What have you found the best setting for coho ?
What have you found works best for socks ?

This is not a for or against black box forum, this is a way of sharing the settings that work for those that use black boxes !!! I think that we as fishermen all share one common bond the love for the water and the thrill of catching fish. Why not share information ???
In advance thanks to all those who share their insite, we all know the common settings but what works for you ?

Well you know what! I dont even check it in the winter time but I will for you the next time im out(tommorow) I cant see how when you are down 160 ft on the rigger if any it will effect the reading way the heck down there and when your draging bottom. to answer your questions on the side I personally watch the most I fish bait with a dummy flasher which is only about ten feet from the ball the other side is the same distance but ill use coyote spoons or the purple haze or mint tulip hoochies ill change about every 30 mins or so to see what they are wanting because it changes day to day with them.
For the summer I usually only target springs so my setting on my boat which I lower without a black box is 5.1 to 5.4 on one side and 6.0 to 6.9 on the other side and both sides of the boat catch close to the same amount over a period of a summer. one day they come mostly on one side the next it is totally opposite but i always fish one side deeper than an other as i have stated on the other forum.
And i always seem to catch coho and socks but in the summer months i put the flashers back about 25 to 30 ft est.
So i hope that answers some of your questions good luck Wolf

Well you know what! I dont even check it in the winter time but I will for you the next time im out(tommorow) I cant see how when you are down 160 ft on the rigger if any it will effect the reading way the heck down there and when your draging bottom. to answer your questions on the side I personally watch the most I fish bait with a dummy flasher which is only about ten feet from the ball the other side is the same distance but ill use coyote spoons or the purple haze or mint tulip hoochies ill change about every 30 mins or so to see what they are wanting because it changes day to day with them.
For the summer I usually only target springs so my setting on my boat which I lower without a black box is 5.1 to 5.4 on one side and 6.0 to 6.9 on the other side and both sides of the boat catch close to the same amount over a period of a summer. one day they come mostly on one side the next it is totally opposite but i always fish one side deeper than an other as i have stated on the other forum.
And i always seem to catch coho and socks but in the summer months i put the flashers back about 25 to 30 ft est.
So i hope that answers some of your questions good luck Wolf

Wolf thanks for the great info I find it very interesting that you use different readings for each side of the boat I get a day off thursday and will be heading out of comox to fish will report when I return. M.E.

Wolf thanks for the great info I find it very interesting that you use different readings for each side of the boat I get a day off thursday and will be heading out of comox to fish will report when I return. M.E.

maddog you know its true you have caught enough fish on my boat I only speak the truth.cant you remember last year when we couldnt even finish our beer because we were so busy catching hali's

maddog you know its true you have caught enough fish on my boat I only speak the truth.cant you remember last year when we couldnt even finish our beer because we were so busy catching hali's

Hey my escape well i checked the voltage for you one side was 6.1 the other was 6.4 got our limit one side did catch more fish but that was the bait side so I always seem to catch more with bait so thats not a good judgement the bait side was 6.4 the other side i was throwing hootchies and spoons on.

Hey my escape well i checked the voltage for you one side was 6.1 the other was 6.4 got our limit one side did catch more fish but that was the bait side so I always seem to catch more with bait so thats not a good judgement the bait side was 6.4 the other side i was throwing hootchies and spoons on.

Heh wolf went out thursday first time since I worked over my boat from stem to stern. I followed all the electrical suggestions in the book that comes with the black box. I had to LOL and thought of you and your opinion of black boxes My NORMAL voltage was 6.1 Oh well have one now and besides I can crank it up in port for socs. Hey thanks for your input. M.E.
p.s. Fog chased me off the water thursday and besides main motor was posessed. But was great to get out on the water in Courtenay anyways.

Edited by - MyEscape on 02/29/2004 20:40:26

Heh wolf went out thursday first time since I worked over my boat from stem to stern. I followed all the electrical suggestions in the book that comes with the black box. I had to LOL and thought of you and your opinion of black boxes My NORMAL voltage was 6.1 Oh well have one now and besides I can crank it up in port for socs. Hey thanks for your input. M.E.
p.s. Fog chased me off the water thursday and besides main motor was posessed. But was great to get out on the water in Courtenay anyways.

Edited by - MyEscape on 02/29/2004 20:40:26

hello my escape if your NATURAL reading is that dont change a thing that is great i think they ( the book )say anywhere below 7.0 is good for springs what i find so funny about all of this is I catch lots of sockeye in close looking for springs even on anchovies all salmon will eat bait when they are hungry, if they are there and you are out fishing you have a great chance on catching anything thats why we fish you never know when something hits your lure what your going to get a hali or a 50 lb spring good luck come over to the west coast some time wolf

hello my escape if your NATURAL reading is that dont change a thing that is great i think they ( the book )say anywhere below 7.0 is good for springs what i find so funny about all of this is I catch lots of sockeye in close looking for springs even on anchovies all salmon will eat bait when they are hungry, if they are there and you are out fishing you have a great chance on catching anything thats why we fish you never know when something hits your lure what your going to get a hali or a 50 lb spring good luck come over to the west coast some time wolf

Heh wolf I wish I still lived in Victoria so I could fish Sooke and Refrew more often. Hope to get down there at least once this year. When I lived there 6 years ago only had a 12 foot boat fished alot around the mouth of the harbour and off oakbay and down by the powder wharf in saanich. Use to do alot of jigging and mooching with bait. Around this time each year focused on the harbour mouth some mornings even working my way up the gorge as fish followed the herring.

Heh wolf I wish I still lived in Victoria so I could fish Sooke and Refrew more often. Hope to get down there at least once this year. When I lived there 6 years ago only had a 12 foot boat fished alot around the mouth of the harbour and off oakbay and down by the powder wharf in saanich. Use to do alot of jigging and mooching with bait. Around this time each year focused on the harbour mouth some mornings even working my way up the gorge as fish followed the herring.

Back