Float switch

Matty4x4

Looking for recommendations on the best auto bilge pump switch to buy. Anyone have any experience with the water pressure type ones?

Thanks.

I got good life out of a Rule Super Switch and just replaced it this week with the same. It needed to be replaced as it began turning on the pump with the switch dry and in the down position. Receipt for a dead battery for no reason.

I got good life out of a Rule Super Switch and just replaced it this week with the same. It needed to be replaced as it began turning on the pump with the switch dry and in the down position. Receipt for a dead battery for no reason.

i think mine is starting to do this. with my boats batteries switched off, it keeps turning on, just for a second or two. boat is trailered and in my yard.

Your bilge pump shouldn’t be wired through your master switch anyway. It should be wired directly to your battery so it is always ready to pump when the float switch is triggered by water. If you know the boat is dry and the pump comes on, replace the float switch.

Your bilge pump shouldn’t be wired through your master switch anyway. It should be wired directly to your battery so it is always ready to pump when the float switch is triggered by water. If you know the boat is dry and the pump comes on, replace the float switch.

no it’s not wired thru the switch i should have been more clear.. ok that’s what i’m gonna do. just got back from Bammy last nite and it was raining buckets the whole weekend. i had a sleepless night worrying about the boat filling with water but it did it’s job. i just don’t trust it tho

If you have the transom plug in it could be pumping rainwater

I have two pumps, one has the built in capacitive switch type and the other is a float mechanical switch. They mechanical switch is quirky and never been reliable. I use that pump as a backup. Never had issues with the capacitive one. Had one on a previous boat and it worked well too. I have noticed it turn on and off briefly from time to time. Doesn't seem to be an issue for the batteries though.

Back