Flanged forward cabin windows

Chuck

Looking at changing out rubber mounted windows to something stronger as in flange mounted. Had some good waves come over the bow and had visions of blowing out the rubber mounted window. I'll just replace the three front windows in the cabin. Thinking most likely custom made.

Any members know where can I find this type of window and hopefully a local supplier?

Check out AJR Marine windows. They might be able to help you out or talk you out of changing it. I'm a glazier by trade, and wouldn't have any worries about rubber holding windows in. I'm not sure what your set up is like but I assume it is a lock strip type of gasket which is very strong.

I've had green water over the top of my 1981 glass at least a dozen times and easily a foot of water on the bow in the past, punching through waves at Sand Heads on bad decision days in a fair bit of wind.

I would have to guess your window technology is superior to mine...I'm from the same era as my boat and I'm pretty much obsolete, so I'm sure my glass is at least as bad. I doubt they've used whatever that gasket technology is in a couple of decades.

But it will still take more weather than most people would willingly stomach. I bet yours would be even better.

Took my ragtop off because I was sick of the water jets hitting me when greenies came over the bow. Build a hardtop and used rubber gasket mounted windows I got from Vancouver Isle windows in Vic. Not a drop of water in now from greenies or extended rain. Very happy with install, maybe ask the guys there.

HM

I have the same rubber seals on my windows. They do leak. I took the side ones out and urethaned them back in and they seem to hold better. The front ones see a lot of water lol and do leak in the rough stuff. Not a lot but enough to make it annoying.

Diamond Sea Glaze is the probably one of the best anodized aluminum "sandwich" style windows going. They are right in the lower mainland. They supply government, military, commercial, and recreational sectors. I would love to replace mine with this system. I checked out the AJR's at the Seattle boat show one year and I was impressed with the quality and finish. Smaller company and more economical than the Diamond Sea Glaze brand.

http://www.diamondseaglaze.com/

http://ajrmarinewindows.com/

If I decide to keep my rig for a while, I will probably get my windows replaced with some AJR's.

Cheers,
Sculpin

I have quotes coming from both manu. and will post P&D when I get it and will include window sizes.

Quote from AJR.

3 windows, 2) 24" x 24", 1) 18 x 24". Flanged frame, powder coated, 1/4" tempered glass. $1586.00.

Oh, and that includes $125.00 for crating and a $175.00 administration fee. Plus Freight.

Waiting on quote from Diamond Sea Glaze.

Back