Fishing Vancouver Area

i'd love to go out but the wind warning makes me a little nervous.

Hi guys, I think I saw a few of you out there. I had 2 fish on today and none landed. One fish was on the kone zone side and one was on the regular side. I was using fake anchovies. Both hits came within seconds of each other, I was southeast of QB in about 115 feet at a depth of 95 feet on the downrigger. Heard a few of the guys out there caught fish, but all in all pretty quiet. I fished from 8-1:30. Hope you guys did better than I did!!!

I was down at the Kits launch enjoying a cuppa joe today and saw a guy with a REAL CHUNKY 14 pounder. It was a red. What a beauty!He said he caught it in the Bay. [8D]

Saw another guy come in and he didn't have any luck.

Heard another radio report of another guy that bonked one about 15 pounds...no idea where he was fishing.

All in all, the wind stayed down today but it sure was brisk at times.

Tried South of Bowen this morning, but it was too rolly. Tried Tunstall Bay and Hutt Island, no luck. A few boats out, didn't see anything. Got some nice prawns though. Didn't come back empty handed! A good day on the water.

Dan

How did all the Vancouver fishing spots fair today?? I will be going out tomorrow again for prawns and crab, but I would love to put salmon on the menu as well.

Some poor ******* was stuck up on the sandbank off Spanish Banks this afternoon did anyone see that?

I was on shore and saw a small white craft might have been a large jet ski going awful close to what even I could see was a sand or mud bank.

The he stopped in a real</u> hurry</u> like boats should never stop.:(

Then I could see him moving around the back of the boat for a while.

After about 20 minutes he moved about 150' and then stopped, then I left.

With the rising tide he should be off anytime, that is if his motor is still working.[V]

quote:Originally posted by scoopy

How did all the Vancouver fishing spots fair today?? I will be going out tomorrow again for prawns and crab, but I would love to put salmon on the menu as well.

I had 2 undersize at 23.5 inches. A friend bagged a 15lb White about 2 blocks in front of me.

Some of the guys at Hutt Island picked up a fish or two per boat and some of the guys at Gambier and Grace Islands picked up 1 or 2 beauties per boat too. Sounds like everyone caught nice fish today...except for me.

I suck apparently.

Sometimes its just not your lucky day for fishing. Or in my case month....

quote:Originally posted by Mortician

quote:Originally posted by scoopy

I had 2 undersize at 23.5 inches. A friend bagged a 15lb White about 2 blocks in front of me.

Some of the guys at Hutt Island picked up a fish or two per boat and some of the guys at Gambier and Grace Islands picked up 1 or 2 beauties per boat too. Sounds like everyone caught nice fish today...except for me.

I suck apparently.

We went out on Saturday, picked up around 150 prawns and 6 Crab. We took a walk on Keats Island and through Snug Cove, great afternoon, water was calm.

I haven't gone out because of the lousy weather forecasts.However I'm reading of people enjoying calm waters? Have all these gale warnings not materialised?

In my experience over the past few weeks, many of the forecast winds haven't materialized. I made other plans for the first few, only to be driving by the West Van. waterfront during what would have been the middle of my fishing day to glassy seas... :(
Spring weather for ya! I just started to go out, careful to keep one eye on the horizon...

Thanks for the info. Its a little expensive now having to turn around and go home, with the price of gas and the launch fee.

I ignored the weather forecast and went out to the Cap today. No wind, No rain and flat calm conditions until we took the boat out! We were rewarded with a 10 lb white spring, and will be on the bbq shortly. On a side note we saw lightening hit a building while we were taking the boat out!!

I'll be going out if it doesn't snow on Saturday, probably fish QB

Back