Fishing Vancouver Area

quote:Originally posted by scoopy

I was out again today and I got skunked!!! Fished from 8am to 6pm and not even a bite. I tried everything and everywhere! Must not have been my lucky day.

Obviously you were not using a kone- zone. You would have had double headers!;)

I was out again at my usual spots around the cap and the QB marker and was skunked again! I must be in a fishing rut!! I heard some of the others talking on 88 they were catching a few. I was using green glow spoons and a fake anchovy. Believe it or not the fake anchovy had three hits! I was fishing the bottom by QB when the fish were hitting, otherwise no fish netted in 6 trips out. I may sell my boat...........

S

Fish you heart out , cuz in 2 weeks there won't be any retention.
they should have shut down the commercial sector and be done with it.:(

Hey rs, most of the folks replying to this thread are fishing in area 28 (English Bay / Howe Sound), or possibly 29-3. These areas are unaffected by recent changes. Or do you expect further changes...?

quote:Originally posted by Pangaea

Hey rs, most of the folks replying to this thread are fishing in area 28 (English Bay / Howe Sound), or possibly 29-3. These areas are unaffected by recent changes. Or do you expect further changes...?

[:I] ok, i thought they were in area 29
Sorry, didn't mean to throw a further shock wave.

S#!t disturber! ;)

quote:Originally posted by scoopy

Is English bay affected by the closure??

No. English Bay is area 28. Area 29-3 is open as well.

Scoopy...I called the charter guy back about taking some friends out from work for fun. He told me it has slowed off over the last few days.

He told me he'd let me know when it picks up again. He noted that the bait have moved out of the bay and so have the fish so to speak.

Don't sell the boat just yet.

When it turns on, if it's anything like a couple of years ago, if it comes on, you'll be hauling limits of fish out in no time flat.

He told me tides are important and to pick the high tides-- fishing 2 hours before to 2 hours after.

Keep the information coming on this board guys, the Vancouver fishery is basically just a handful of regulars.

Thanks Mort!! I am heading out today again to fish the high tide. I will post results later today!!!

went out today, fished in front of the pink apartments, caught one spring first couple of minutes I was there, then a seal came by and it was all over, never saw anything caught after that.
11:00am
depth: 65'
green flasher/coyote cop car

was out on friday. Very quiet all day. Fished around the freighters

was out on friday. Very quiet all day. Fished around the freighters

Fished Hole in the Wall for 4 hours around the high today, various depths, nothing... :( got a bit snotty, or I may have stayed longer.

Fished Hole in the Wall for 4 hours around the high today, various depths, nothing... :( got a bit snotty, or I may have stayed longer.

Hey Everyone!! Just loaded up on new tackle and gettin ready to hit the Cap tomorrow. (if there is no wind) I just bought a Kone Zone flasher and I am going to experiment. Same spoons same depth, one side kone zone and one without. Lets see what happens. Anyone else on the forum hittin the Cap or QB tomorrow? If so I am in the 16.5 foot campion centre console flying the jolly roger and will be on 88. Hail me to hear any results. ( If there are any)

Fish on Brothers

Back