Fishing lodges recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correction in my email....West Coast fishing Club.....the Outpost is the west side and the Clubhouse is bottom of langara.....Again at Clubhouse i ran into big unprotected water....and the run was 8 miles to Hippa where there were a few fish....almost unfishable so rough...over and hour and a half to return to lodge....miserable....their Langara lodge is wonderful...great staff...great boats...and you could self guide as being at the bottom of the island you can choose which side....they have down riggers to which means if they go to west side in bigger water they are not using 8 oz weights moohing and can get gear down....i will ad a couple of thoughts on Central Coast

King Pacifc---so your fishing the river inlet run ....chances of running into a big spring ....But i fished the area for 8 years.....the operators the Cuthbert's are great people and seriously good at what they operate here...Luxury....is the fishing as good as Haida Gwaii....i prefer this one over QCL....for comfort...and risk of weather....but westerly can keep you in St Johns Harbour for sure.....But you are paying for the 5 start lodge...Lanagara, Wcfc, and Sandspit Adventures will out fish.....Note....Sandsipt Adventures is not as good lodge wise....more homecooking...but boats are much much better .....30 foot heated cabins.....and as i said our boat had 50 springs a day to the boat....but only one over 25 lbs on the trip.....And Hali Fishing is better than the other lodges for the most part...Again my experience only.....At King Pacific the main fishing grounds of Cheney Point are only 5 minutes from the lodge....and that is really nice because the hot tub and food in the lodge are fantastic,.....I applaud George and Lisa......it's nice to go to a place where the owners are there to greet you....The feeling is your coming home to visit the family.....i do want to go back to Milbanke some day to see George and Lisa...So it's about what you want.....price range $5000 to $8000 per person...Watch though for the upgrades.....at Sandspit no upgrade price your into custom built 30 foot cabins with 250 hp power on the back and you will be comfortable....King pacific.....you're close to lodge...Langara and Wcfc close to lodge......Oh skip Rivers inlet...my worst trip ever was Black Gold lodge....cheap and cheap for a reason.....everything bad....if you want to do Rivers...and self guide the Sportsman lodge is clean and well run by the Kelly family....But its Rivers inlet.....Its inconsistent.......Duncanby i have not been to...great reviews but i wont pay the price point in Rivers inlet if i can go to Haidai Gwaii,...Duncanby are great marketers.....and people seem happy.....and thats what its about....
The clubhouse is probably 30 miles from Hippa. Hippa is about 11 miles from the Outpost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back