Fishing lodges recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott212

Hey all,

My siblings and I are looking at taking my father on a once-in-a-lifetime Salmon/Halibut fishing trip next summer, total 4 of us. We've done a bunch of casual fishing around the island over the years but have never done anything guided or at a lodge.

I would love any recommendations on lodges that do all inclusive and offer guided fishing. Ideally something a bit smaller, off the beaten path and of course with great fishing. It's hard to decipher online what's an incredible lodge or whether it's just marketing...

Also any recommendations on best time of year to go? Thanks for any advice!

Hey all,

My siblings and I are looking at taking my father on a once-in-a-lifetime Salmon/Halibut fishing trip next summer, total 4 of us. We've done a bunch of casual fishing around the island over the years but have never done anything guided or at a lodge.

I would love any recommendations on lodges that do all inclusive and offer guided fishing. Ideally something a bit smaller, off the beaten path and of course with great fishing. It's hard to decipher online what's an incredible lodge or whether it's just marketing...

I would go to Eagles Nooke Bamfield on mid July to mid august. Turn down your volume but this and my latest video feature it.

Hey all,

Are you looking for chance at biggest fish of your life or volume of fish with chances at some big ones possibly?

North King Lodge or King Pacific Lodge.
Both fly ins out of Bella. Not sure if North King is Guided

Hey all,

x3 on Reel Obsession or Oli's in Winter Harbour

If they are considering taking their father whom may be an elderly gentleman I wouldn’t put a lot of thought into Oli’s in Winter Harbour as we all know WH can be some pretty rough water. Yes it’s good fishing but no better than any place else on the west side. If it’s a family run with people who may not be all that water familiar I would be looking at Nootka, kyuquot, Tofino, Ukee or Barkley sound. If it were me I would seriously consider one of the lodges inside Nootka say the first week of August. That way you have the full option of staying inside the sound to fish in lake calm water on many days. There are a few of them in Nootka I’m sure pretty well all of them run first class operations. Most of the Nootka lodges are easy drive too or they can pick you up at an easy to drive to location and take you all in. Same goes for Barkely sound, easy drive to pick up locations to get to the lodges and easy access to great fishing and easy water.

North King Lodge or King Pacific Lodge.
Both fly ins out of Bella. Not sure if North King is Guided
Returned from North King two weeks ago. They offer both guided and unguided, depending on your circumstances. My guide was very experienced and capable.

Hey all,

Thanks all for the great recommendations! Have lots to check-out :)

Well I mean biggest fish of my life would be great! But I'd rather go for something with volume so we get some fun throughout the day.
Hard to beat the Haida Gwaii then. Very special place to go check out if you have never been. Any lodge on the on the north end of Graham Island or Langara is very cool. No knocks on anywhere else on the coast but that place has to be seen at least once. Just make sure you are aware if a lodge is weighted rod only (you might prefer that) but not my cup of tea.

Returned from North King two weeks ago. They offer both guided and unguided, depending on your circumstances. My guide was very experienced and capable.
I have fished at a good number of lodges over the last 30 years from Haida Gwaii to Port Renfrew and i have to say my most favorite spot is King Pacific in Milbanke Sound. the fact that the lodge is a 2-3 minute boat ride to Cheney Point is a huge plus and McInnes Island has given me some of my best fishing memories.
plus the fact that you have a good chance of catching your fish of a lifetime there doesn't hurt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back