Fishing license abusers??

I believe those who do not follow the regs are in the minority these days. Way more people follow the regs now than just a few years ago. Most sportsfishermen realize that in order to ensure good fishing conditions in the future, they must be followed.

I truly believe that a child who is brought up following the regs will do so their enire life. A child who sees their parents keeping more than their limit, fishing in closed areas or using barbed hooks will do so when they grow up.

Setting an example is more effective than the regulations themselves.

quote:Originally posted by xavier

I believe those who do not follow the regs are in the minority these days. Way more people follow the regs now than just a few years ago. Most sportsfishermen realize that in order to ensure good fishing conditions in the future, they must be followed.

I truly believe that a child who is brought up following the regs will do so their enire life. A child who sees their parents keeping more than their limit, fishing in closed areas or using barbed hooks will do so when they grow up.

Setting an example is more effective than the regulations themselves.

Extremely well said...agree 100%. My father has always set a great example for me, and I plan to continue that on to my kids (and let's hope that isn't for at least another 10 years till I have to worry about that haha). All I think about is making sure that one day I can go fishing in say 15 years and still have the same amount of success as we do today. Fishing will eventually be my career, although that is a long ways down the road.

David

The vast majority of fishers are honest and abide by the rules. Those who abuse the system will find any way they can to do so, no mater what the rules are. It is up to us to ensure we keep it honest or we will all pay the price.

lol My familys been using barbless hooks from the time my parents came Canada.

Id think the only way is for mandatory online updates for you fishing license, but people will cry "I dont have teh internets" or "Im a hermaphrodite"

My brother told about this scam about 2 weeks ago, and we both said who needs that much ****ing fish anyways

Klink

Last week, I saw RCMP with a mountain bike patrolled on Sidney wharfs, checked peoples' licenses and catches while crabbing or fishing. I saw RCMP busted a guy that didn't have a license, and took guy's crab trap away. That guy has kids. That's too bad, that guy should be giving a good example to the kids by following regs and having a license.

Back