Fishing in Alberni Inlet.

Millartime

Hello Everyone here! After guiding for 22 seasons, I finally decided to join here. My buddies have been using this site for years ,and now that I'm semi-retired from the guiding scene ( I'm not retired from working by any means), I am suddenly interested in getting involved! I've recently moved to Parksville from the North Island (Port McNeill area) and I have been having good success for springs out of French creek since April when time has allowed me. I'm interested in trying the Alberni canal sockeye fishery this coming week, and was wondering if there has been any decent action as of late. Anybody interested in helping a newbie to the area out? Thanks. I'm looking forward to joining here, and hopefully contributing some good advice as well as receiving it. cheers. :)

The fishing has been good (for us anyway) this last week. Try the China Creek area ,depths for us has been around 60',using black and pink small hootchies.

Welcome! Great bunch of guys on here. Be sure to check out Saltwater reports section. Alberni sockeye has its own thread.

Millartime......was that you I was chatting with at the FC Marina yesterday....? Your boat is green and white..? I was in the red Ford Ranger.....

Back