Fish Farms

Status
Not open for further replies.
“The representation is really heavy on the commercial and recreational fishing industry. Very light on any advocacy groups advocating for the conservation of wild salmon,” said Hill.

Bob Hooton said the council is not about sustaining wild salmon its about sustaining fishing!

regulatorwatch is almost as bad as Seawest News. Just a couple of sites funded by Fish Farms to help slow down the bad press. The guys who run the sites, including Dawson are basically just writing personal opinionated fiction articles. They are desparately trying to pass their articles as fact, but I doubt anyone actually takes them seriously aside from the few Farmers that yell rah rah. Its quite amusing...

B.C. fish farms will require Indigenous consent

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/can...c-fish-farms-will-require-indigenous-consent/

"The B.C. government is poised to give an effective veto to First Nations over fish farm tenures in their territories, a historic concession that reaches beyond the traditional court-ordered requirement that Indigenous groups be consulted and accommodated on resource decisions on their lands.

The NDP government will announce on Wednesday B.C.’s aquaculture industry will have four years to adapt before any tenures are cancelled, sources told The Globe and Mail. The veto power most assuredly means that some companies will be evicted because the farms are adamantly opposed by some – but not all – Indigenous groups."

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/can...c-fish-farms-will-require-indigenous-consent/

"The B.C. government is poised to give an effective veto to First Nations over fish farm tenures in their territories, a historic concession that reaches beyond the traditional court-ordered requirement that Indigenous groups be consulted and accommodated on resource decisions on their lands.

The NDP government will announce on Wednesday B.C.’s aquaculture industry will have four years to adapt before any tenures are cancelled, sources told The Globe and Mail. The veto power most assuredly means that some companies will be evicted because the farms are adamantly opposed by some – but not all – Indigenous groups."

Anyone want to take bets to see if they also hand over sports fishing to them? Last time I checked all thoes floating lodges are on foreshore leases....

Anyone want to take bets to see if they also hand over sports fishing to them? Last time I checked all thoes floating lodges are on foreshore leases....

The sportfishing lodges and Atlantic Open Net Pens are 2 completely different things.

This is good, but I feel like 4 years is too long. They can't be gone soon enough.

The article isn't clear though on the veto. Does that mean the tenures in the Broughton have to leave immediately if they are veto'd? Or do they have 4 more years of BS before they need to leave?

CHEK Point Poll: Will the provincial government’s new fish farm regulations protect wild salmon?
80% NO

They got this one right.
The NDP and Liberals do not have an opinion on the Fish Farm disease and sea lice problem and how it effects our Wild Salmon. They say lets give it 4 years to allow the Fish Farms to persuade the First Nations to support them (no doubt will try and buy them out with cash) and see what happens and if the Feds (don’t hold your breath) finally see the light, the month to month renewal will give the province an out.
Meanwhile Fish Farms will continue to spread their diseases and sea lice to our wild salmon!
What a Government cop out!!!
image_18244.jpg

Last edited:
CHEK Point Poll: Will the provincial government’s new fish farm regulations protect wild salmon?
80% NO

They got this one right.

The poll actually showed accurately the non-support for this industry by the people, not the robots. They must have gotten a lot of backlash over the 2 previous polls which were swayed heavily to the Pro Farm side, along with well above average numbers of votes for their polls. They fixd the back door method of delete history/refresh and vote again and again etc. I tried yesterday, and it would not allow me to vote twice. So these are the results you get when you are allowed 1 vote. This poll aligns itself with the recent poll that showed 75% of the BC residents would support immediate removal of Open Net parasite factories.

The poll actually showed accurately the non-support for this industry by the people, not the robots. They must have gotten a lot of backlash over the 2 previous polls which were swayed heavily to the Pro Farm side, along with well above average numbers of votes for their polls. They fixd the back door method of delete history/refresh and vote again and again etc. I tried yesterday, and it would not allow me to vote twice. So these are the results you get when you are allowed 1 vote. This poll aligns itself with the recent poll that showed 75% of the BC residents would support immediate removal of Open Net parasite factories.

thanks for the giggle.

80% NO

They got this one right.
The NDP and Liberals do not have an opinion on the Fish Farm disease and sea lice problem and how it effects our Wild Salmon. They say lets give it 4 years to allow the Fish Farms to persuade the First Nations to support them (no doubt will try and buy them out with cash) and see what happens and if the Feds (don’t hold your breath) finally see the light, the month to month renewal will give the province an out.
Meanwhile Fish Farms will continue to spread their diseases and sea lice to our wild salmon!
What a Government cop out!!!
View attachment 38496
I think the First Nations will act in the Broughton right away and get the Sea Lice infested Disease spreading open cage Fish Farms out of the water. What judge is going to accept the concept that the First Nations have the right to refuse consent to these multinational conglomerates but that they must allow them to continue without consent for four more years. The Wild Salmon are a big part of the First Nations Food source and why would a Judge get in the way of them protecting this food source that the B.C. government has recognised they have a right to withhold consent to. If you got bad drinking water is it lawfull to have athorities to tell you they will allow it to be fixed in four years? I can't see them having to wait for four more years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back