Fathers Day Weekend Fishing Derby

Great job Rollie. Sounds like its heading for a sellout. Trophy is dang cool.

Still lots of prizes yet to announce and post on the website. We are receiving cash from a few sponsors and that will allow us to go shopping, get some good deals and more great prizes for the table. Keep checking the coalitions website as the prize board gets updated.

Looks great. Is it top 3 salmon get a prize then remainder are draw prizes or do you anticipate having multiple prizes for the biggest 10, 20 ( or more ) salmon?

I'm sure you'll let us know all the details as we get closer to the day I'm just thinking out loud. Fingers crossed for no slot! Going to throw a real wrench in if we all need to head west for the big prizes.

I am doing this derby mostly for Fathers Day.

Want to make it a tradition on fathers day with with my son...He was introduced at 6 last year to the SVIAC derby first time...Now I can't get him off the boat. Just something to share with him as fishing is a part of my life, and it good he understands why we have these... I am sure it will be fun, and it will be good that he can also enter his fish in the SFBC derby..

We all have our fingers crossed that we will begin the Father's Day weekend in zone 2 and will be able to retain 1 wild with no upper size limit. SVIAC is working hard on your behalf and we are optimistic this will be the case especially with the predicted Chinook returns to the Fraser this summer. We do have a contingency plan in place in the event we end up with zone 1 and a slot size of 85cm east of Sheringham like last year. The $10,000 first place prize will be split into a $5,000 prize for the largest hatchery Chinook and $5,000 for the largest wild. This way no matter where you fish in areas 19 & 20 you are competing for at least a $5,000 cash prize. We will have prizes and keeper trophies for the top 3 salmon, largest halibut, largest hatchery salmon and the largest salmon caught while fishing with a banana on board. We will have our team entry jackpot tickets and Monte Carlo exact weight jackpot tickets available on the night of Friday June 6th at the Alpine Marine Centre skippers meeting and barbecue. (6-9pm) Most of the prizes will be awarded by draw to those who enter a catch. Last years Banana Challenge was well received because it had a family atmosphere and all of the prizes were awarded by draw. (except the You Da Man Trophy) We wanted this derby to be a blend of friendly competition with prizes awarded for the top fish but also keep that fun family element where everyone comes to the awards banquet with a real chance at many of the top prizes. We will have a special draw for those under 16 years old who enter a catch. Two very nice bikes courtesy of Advance Collision, Marty's Mountain Cycle and Rocky Mountain Bikes will be up for grabs. There will also be a very nice prize drawn from those who donate some of their catch to the Sooke Food Bank.

My brain hurts!!! lol

We pulled the remaining tickets from Pedder Bay Marina and moved them to Wise Buys as they were down to their last tickets. So Pedder Bay Marina no longer has tickets. Wise buys has about 20 left, Outfiitters has less than 10 left as does Alpine Marine. I'm guessing 30 tickets left and that is it.

to all,, that is BC family fishing weekend, friday to sunday are free to fish without a licence, saltwater included, you still need a tag to retain, good luck and raise awarness of this weekend at your derby

Another great prize just confirmed on Friday courtesy of SG Power Products and Yamaha Outboards. A 9.9 Yamaha high thrust, extra long, electric start and tiller model is now in the prize pool. Retail value is $3,557.00. It will be posted on the website soon as will many other prizes we have yet to finalize. Don't forget Friday June 6th from 6-9 pm at the Alpine Marine Centre on Veteran's Memorial Parkway is the derby skippers night. There will be a barbecue and local craft beer from Hoyne Brewing available. It is your opportunity to enter the team jackpot and the Monte Carlo hidden weight jackpot. Derby T-shirts and the derby rules/ prize booklet will be handed out. There will also be a 50/50 draw. If you are from out of town and can't make the June 6th skippers night and want to get into the jackpots just make contact with myself on or before June 13th.

It really is a great prize, and exactly what I need! I'll be fishing for that, or the cash! Should be a great event!

They are the same tickets. I think Chris Bos has about ten on hand for online sales. Outfitters has 8 left. I have to call Eagle Eye and Alpine to see what is left. Wise Buys has a few more as I moved Pedder Bays tickets to their store.

Thanks for the reply, I live in Calgary so do you have any idea on how I can get the tickets? Just pick them up on the 13th of June when I get to Victoria?

They can be mailed to you. Just private me with an address and once Chris gets your order he will put them in the mail. As you won't be here for the June 6th skippers barbecue you can't enter the Team Jackpot or Monte Carlo that night. If you want to enter these let me know and I can make sure you are included. We will need payment for these prior to the 14th and we can make arrangements to get that from you.

Well another great company that I support almost every other day with a gas or diesel purchase has just informed me that they are supporting our derby. The Peninsula Co-op has sponsored the derby with $1000 in gas cards!!! Now who couldn't use some free gas? A big thank you to Peninsula Co-op.

It isn't just me...Chris Bos the SVIAC president and our local SFAB rep has used some of his many connections to pull a few strings too. It has been a mutual effort.

Back