End of a era, seabeam sold

I have never been to this lodge but it seems with COVID travel restrictions lots of summer lodges are already booking up. I am thinking if i try to fish some of these areas on a 2 or 3 day trip i'll just sleep in my boat. It is an 18ft aluminum with pod but no cuddy. I am going to just convert my bench seats into a bed, bring a bbq some food and water etc. Like camping but at anchor or med moore if i can find the right spot.

I have never been to this lodge but it seems with COVID travel restrictions lots of summer lodges are already booking up. I am thinking if i try to fish some of these areas on a 2 or 3 day trip i'll just sleep in my boat. It is an 18ft aluminum with pod but no cuddy. I am going to just convert my bench seats into a bed, bring a bbq some food and water etc. Like camping but at anchor or med moore if i can find the right spot.
That’s the way to do it. These are my Favourite kind of trips. Makes for tight quarters, but definitely allows for flexibility. 2 nights max.

That’s the way to do it. These are my Favourite kind of trips. Makes for tight quarters, but definitely allows for flexibility. 2 nights max.
I'm in the Navy and have shared some tight cabins with only a locker for my stuff. I have also worked with the army in the field and have literally slept in the rain and mud with just a pad, sleeping bag and pancho to keep the rain off. Sleeping on a camping mattress on level bench seat/bed and having all that space to myself will be awesome! I'll also have my tablet for tunes, lights, food, drinks etc. It will be like staying in a camper for a night or 2.

I'm in the Navy and have shared some tight cabins with only a locker for my stuff. I have also worked with the army in the field and have literally slept in the rain and mud with just a pad, sleeping bag and pancho to keep the rain off. Sleeping on a camping mattress on level bench seat/bed and having all that space to myself will be awesome! I'll also have my tablet for tunes, lights, food, drinks etc. It will be like staying in a camper for a night or 2.
I remember the days when my back was young!
Enjoy it while you can

As an option to camping try Harbourside Lodge. It is quite cheap to just tie up and at least you get washrooms and showers. Plus there are picnic tables and BBQ's to use right on the wharf. Is just inside the inlet and 3 min to fishing at the wall. Another option would be Port Alberni out station in Robbers Passage bewteen Tzartus and Fleming Islands. Again minimal costs but you get washroom and tables. Both have cleaning tables too.

As an option to camping try Harbourside Lodge. It is quite cheap to just tie up and at least you get washrooms and showers. Plus there are picnic tables and BBQ's to use right on the wharf. Is just inside the inlet and 3 min to fishing at the wall. Another option would be Port Alberni out station in Robbers Passage bewteen Tzartus and Fleming Islands. Again minimal costs but you get washroom and tables. Both have cleaning tables too.
Thanks for the recommendation. I will look up the Harbouside Lodge option. Is there a good time to go? I'm free from June till Aug even mid week as long as I arrange it with work.

Thanks for the recommendation. I will look up the Harbouside Lodge option. Is there a good time to go? I'm free from June till Aug even mid week as long as I arrange it with work.
Since it looks like you don't have radar I would look at mid July. August can be very foggy. We are going to be there beginning of June and then possibly another trip begining of August. We have stayed 3 times at Harborside and although rustic works for great us. They also have a whole bunch of freezers you can use for your catch plus fuel, bait, Ice, etc.

Since it looks like you don't have radar I would look at mid July. August can be very foggy. We are going to be there beginning of June and then possibly another trip begining of August. We have stayed 3 times at Harborside and although rustic works for great us. They also have a whole bunch of freezers you can use for your catch plus fuel, bait, Ice, etc.
I actually now have a 3g quantum radar that links to my MFD. I am also qualified to navigate in zero visibility conditions

Attachments

• CE9E1C29-FD0B-43FC-9642-A48F8186B379.jpeg
    CE9E1C29-FD0B-43FC-9642-A48F8186B379.jpeg
    228 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Fishing in fog is no fun. It's like going to an art gallery and finding all the lights are out. Radar helps us stay clear of obstacles,such as nearby boats. That is just dandy, until your fish goes for a run. Then it's fishing by braille.

Fishing in fog is no fun. It's like going to an art gallery and finding all the lights are out. Radar helps us stay clear of obstacles,such as nearby boats. That is just dandy, until your fish goes for a run. Then it's fishing by braille.
I prefer to fish in good visibility and nice weather but its nice to have when fog rolls in on you. What I don't like about fishing in the fog is that it is so chilly with the mist... and I'm such a delicate flower lol

I prefer to fish in good visibility and nice weather but its nice to have when fog rolls in on you. What I don't like about fishing in the fog is that it is so chilly with the mist... and I'm such a delicate flower lol
Yeah, it could be 30 degrees in P.A. but outside of Bamfield, in the fog, it's like minus 10!

Back