ECVI Nanoose, French Creek Report

Had two bigguns on this morn off winchelsea in 450-500 ft of water at 140-160 on pink hoochies. Lost one halfway up and the other broke the leader when the spoon surfaced. Both fish within 20 minutes of the end of he major bite, around 700 am

Had two bigguns on this morn off winchelsea in 450-500 ft of water at 140-160 on pink hoochies. Lost one halfway up and the other broke the leader when the spoon surfaced. Both fish within 20 minutes of the end of he major bite, around 700 am

So we're you using spoons or pink hoochies?

Got out on Saturday night out of Schooner and landed a 13 and an 8 on cop car and irish 130-150 in 300-500. Got out Sunday in the chop and got 2 more with same gear and same depths. This time a 10 and a 23. gentry.jpg

Alright nice catch Joey I will be over in Nanaimo this coming weekend (I hope) I'll give ya a call.

Don

Thanks HEH! I'll be out potentially Saturday night & Sunday / Monday weather permitting. Definitely give me a shout. My friends have been fishing the fingers/entrance hard and doing just as well there on the same gear.

Hey guys, Bushy talked to a guy at Beachcomber yesterday and he got a thirty pounder. Don't know too many more details but nice fish.......BRS

Nice to hear of a "Nanoose Tyee" :)
I see that there are big swings in the tides this weekend. Below 1' on the low and close to 16.5' on the high.

Nice to hear of a "Nanoose Tyee" :)
I see that there are big swings in the tides this weekend. Below 1' on the low and close to 16.5' on the high.

Full Moon too. Do you think that will make for crappy fishing (catching).

Eastpoint
I think the fish move a little more with the big tides. The current is definitely stronger which makes hitting the slacks more important.
Also make sure you launch the boat at the right time. Nothing worse than being oblivious to the tide and showing up at the boat launch at a 1' tide :)
Good luck and let us know how you make out.

I`ve never really liked fishing the huge tide changes, but we were out off French Creek today and fished through the low slack. We might as well have been fishing for Marlin as the result would have been the same.
Not so much as a tap!
Several other boats out as well, and it looked like similiar results.
Lure-washer

Was tough fishing yesterday out of Nanaimo very few boats out, was running the 3.5 pinksink , couldn't keep the shakers off, after about the 5th shaker and handcrank from 140 feet i switch up to the glow tiger an took a nice little 30 inch white spring, i have always had luck when seeing a pod of Orca's ..yesterday was pretty slow, getting to watch the mama Orca teach the little ones how to rip along the surface n catch fish was pretty neat. Seafever: Thanks for the flasher tip ..that was definitely the hotrod so to speak...

Got a call this am from the WG Range Master. There is a new Notice to Shipping (624) that prohibits all fishing and anchoring in a portion of the transit corridor just north of Winchelsea Island. He stated that my prawn traps could be confiscated as early as tomorrow. Its a small area but there has been a lot of people prawning and fishing in that area this year. The concern is for the cables running into the WG range. I marked the coordinates on a chart but have no idea how to upload the jpg.

If it ever, ever, ever stops raining and blowing I was going to go out that way....

But now I have to figure out where you mean....

CopperMoon......you take a picture of the document then upload it off your card to your computer...saved in "my pictures".

You then reply to a post like you normally would.......on the bar above where you are typing there is an icon there that when you put the cursor over it, it says "insert image". (square icon 4th from right)
Press it and you will an "upload file' square and "search files".

Hit "search files' and open up your library, then pictures, then the particular picture you want to upload.
if you did it right it the name of the file will appear in the upload box and then you hit "upload"

After about a minute it will close off and you will see the attachment listed in your post.

Press the 'reply' button and your post will upload.

Then go take a look at it in the forums.....

Once you get the hang of it , it's easy.

Anybody been fishing French Creek lately?

been morbidly quiet from there last little while.....

That either means it's so hot people are being tight-lipped ..or....it's deader than a doornail......

Which description applies right now?

I'm going there tomorrow...should I take a priest with me?

Had an awesome day out fishing Springs Sunday afternoon. Started fishing at 2pm and had our limit by 7pm. Finished it off with a 28 pound beast! Most fish caught in the 130-160 ft range in 250-500 ft of water. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Also fished today (Monday) and didn't fare as well but still got 3 in the boat. Most fish caught on spoons (cop car, Irish cream, kitchen sink). Go get em!

Back