ECVI Nanoose, French Creek Report

Copper Moon...don't go by everything you read on here as far as what and how many fish are caught where... Many people that fish are not members of any sites and never report what they catch. Time and time again I've found out from other sources about fish being caught in places around ECVI......Halibut for one......places that usually no-one gives a toot about. There are some people out there who's mouths are zippered when it comes to protecting their fishing spots. Naturally they feel that once the cat's out of the bag it's "all over Rover". You'd be surprised what's being caught where around here.......:p

Seafever....sounds like we need to ply you with alcohol at the interogation pub. We have ways to make you talk :)

wow...does that bring back memories! I was 13 at that time and fished every day possible in the area of Winchelsea to Sangster to Gerald. Interesting to hear him say 'we don't have to worry about the coho'...at the time strict regs were in place for Chinook, but not coho. There were so many coho around an easy limit of 4 was the norm...4 years later the area coho were all but gone.

We must know each other or passed by each other by a few years. I grew up in the area and was also out fishing in my small 12' tin boat . i used to row from madrona sometimes all the way to ballenas and gerald. Although i spent most of my time at mistaken and the green can in the 70's and 80s. And I remember getting a steely one year at mistaken. Used to be a bucktail and 4-8 oz of lead and limits were easy in the early season for sure . The good old days!

We must know each other or passed by each other by a few years. I grew up in the area and was also out fishing in my small 12' tin boat . i used to row from madrona sometimes all the way to ballenas and gerald. Although i spent most of my time at mistaken and the green can in the 70's and 80s. And I remember getting a steely one year at mistaken. Used to be a bucktail and 4-8 oz of lead and limits were easy in the early season for sure . The good old days!

Good times...ours was raked herring on a single hook behind a 2 oz banana weight. Parents gave me a 14' Thornes with a 9.9 to use starting on my 12th birthday...don't think too many parents would be doing that these days!

Yep a banana weight hairing strip and a row boat ,the old man used to say would work well for winter springs off beachcomber ..Sad to think it used to be that easy

You guys are so lucky to have been able to experience that! Would be such a wicked experience as a young kid to get out and catch chinook like that! Not quite the same anymore...

Although still boatless , I do manage to get out I just want to bonk one before I report. Was out last week and gaff released one that would have measured real close. He hit a spoon at Gerald in the first ten minutes we had the lines down so we thought it was gonna be a good day. Ten minutes later a pod of Killer Whales came right at us and went under the boat.i was hoping they didn't recognize me! We pulled the gear and headed for Ballenas and trolled for a couple hours and squat so headed back to Gerald and squat there too. The early run that comes thru will be around very shortly and don't worry I will let you know..............BRS

I was into a lot of fish by this time last year starting in late March. This year I've had to go FC to get sealed. And they are mean seals up there. Finally today I had a hit at Gerald. She took off back to FC in a hurry, but unfortunately changed her mind and that was it. Just after high slack bite down 165 on IC spoon. Maybe tomorrow. Cold today . Ice on the seat.

Great vid and beautiful morning! I'm debating on whether or not to come back this weekend. Any good reports between French creek and the Fingers?

Kelly

Last weekend I lost 1 and boated 1 at Gerald. That's it. I haven't heard or seen of anything coming through SC marina. Going to take another shot tomorrow.

Was off Gerald on Tuesday.........algae bloom starting.....nothing too serious yet but noticeable.....

Went out for the morning tide at Gerald this morning. Nailed two 15lb Springs on a double header one white and one red hatchery.

150' down
Gold Star spoon
Anchovy

VanCity Tyee:- nice catch! Which side of Gerald were you on?...........and how was the algae that day?

Out yesterday off F.Creek. One 8lb Chinook at 1:10 p.m. in 260ft of water, lure at 160ft out off side of barge that is there doing repair work. Lemon Lime O'ki flasher, hoochy (half black/half Glow) 38 inches from back of flasher to nose of hoochy. Only hit of day. Tried numerous rigs/depths. Fished from 12:30 to 5:30pm. Very few fish on sounder. The algae is atrocious. So is the suspended floating weed.

We were out Tuesday afternoon off of FC, caught 4, 2 keepers. One was about 2 cm too short, no matter how much we tried to stretch it!. Algae was terrible, kept plugging the top guide of the rod.

What did you get yours on frenchcreek? (BTW when I cut open my fish it had a seven inch herring in it's stomach).

Back