ECVI French creek-Nanoose-nanaimo reports

Hey kelly, fished french creek on sunday morning,kept one about 8 pounds, lost a fish in the 20s to a seal right at the back of boat, a few shakers...110 feet, blood and bones hoochie. Kelly your in calgary correct?

Im fishing Nanaimo tomorrow.... just wondering where the hot spot, or where the hot spots are. any info would be appreciated, as I am from up island,

Cheers,

ya,it was a feeder spring, kelly im living in calgary, whats your email?

fished thrasher saturday morning, got one undersized fish and that was it.
plenty of feed but no fish happened from what i saw.
i did see saltybeaver out there giving it a try

Yup I was out there.Took my mom her boy friend and my grampa out, sure could of been better fishing. fishing 55 on the rigger manged to scrape up a 14 at porlier and this, It popped the clip and enven felt like a small spring. Didnt see another fish cought .

DSC01661.jpg

DSC01665.jpg

good to see at least one fish caught, and funny about the bird.
only seen that once but the bird came up dead.

we were in the trophy with the old top on it, we left to the grande and didnt see anything there either.

Spent the morning washing my hooks in front of French Creek, caught and released one undersize spring at whitedoor other than that nothing. Still it was nice to get out.

Spent the morning washing my hooks in front of French Creek, caught and released one undersize spring at whitedoor other than that nothing. Still it was nice to get out.

Went to Ballenas last nite for a couple hours. Tried 8 different spoon/hootchy combonations and only one hit, no fish.Showed lots of bait. Kinda reminds me of last year.We were the only boat out, had the whole Island to ourselves.Prawning has been good but they are quite a bit smaller. Also starting to see some eggs.

Greg im back home i heard of a few fish at ballenas a little while ago. Anything on the board? are the q's died down? Any luck in the last few weeks?

Hey Kelly,nothing on the board lately. There were a few a couple weeks ago off Ballenas but they are definately gone now. The place to be right now should be the river(little Q). Didn't have time to run down yesterday, I got caught up doin chores around the house.You're home now?

It may be a little slow right now but not as slow as it will be next year; I'm moving my boat, (Tanglefoot) back to Schooner Cove in the new year and, if things go as usual, that should spell the end of good fishing in that part of the world:( Ah well, maybe not:D

Tom

Yup home for a stint cant fish for a while though. At least you got some time out there. Im itchin to get back out. Urchin what rig are you bringin out? Hope next year is as good as this year and hopefully see ya out there.

Anyone been fishing Nanaimo area? Just wondering if there has been any action around Entrance or the Brickyard areas.
See you on the water[8D]
Mikiki

Back