ECVI French creek-Nanoose-nanaimo reports

Hi Kelly. My rig is a 18.5 Malibu named 'Tanglefoot'. That is why the username changed. [8D] I have one of the marine hoists on 'F'. See you come spring. Tom

Lucky you have a big enough boat to run to sangster on the otherside. My boats not big enough. Fishing can be unreal over there in june with easy limits. see ya out there

It sure has been quiet on this topic. Does that mean that there is no fish to report around Nanaimo[?] I hear that there is some chums and coho around Qulicum.
See you on the water[8D]
Mikiki

My buddies went out this afternoon i couldnt make it. They fished 2ish hours off french creek and got goose egged. Theres chum moving along the beaches so they gotta be offshore as well

I am going this Wed, thurs, and friday. See you out there.

I am going this Wed, thurs, and friday. See you out there.

Turned out not so bad, too windy to fish but did manage to plow our way down to the pub at schooner cove for a burger and a pint.Prawning is good right now. The boys are back to work tomorrow at the log sort in Northwest Bay so watch out for log booms, they should be starting soon.

Turned out not so bad, too windy to fish but did manage to plow our way down to the pub at schooner cove for a burger and a pint.Prawning is good right now. The boys are back to work tomorrow at the log sort in Northwest Bay so watch out for log booms, they should be starting soon.

Heard there was some off French Creek the other day.We could'nt make it down there the other day because of the weather and I hear it's supposed to blow up again today. Good Luck and let me know how you make out.

apparently there were some coho off of french creek thurs. i was there but didn't see any.

anyone have any info on winter spring fishing in theses area when does it start etc thanks in advance

Went to French Creek but it was blowin northwest pretty good so we went to the pub for a couple pints. Checked the crab traps on the way back and limited out no problem.The crab are large and shells are hard.Prawning was excellent too.As far as winter springs go, good luck. Everyone says Northwest Bay in December but I've tried several times and nothing.You'd be better off at ballenas or gerald.

thanks Snapper as soon as my sons done football im out after some of those Dungies and prawns myself

Greg you always seem to end up at the pub:D I heard northwest used to be awsome for winters they would drift and strip cast with herring strips back in the day, ill hit up winters when i get back for christmas

nothing gotta make the most of windy days. Do you fish winters much around here? I dont hear of to many guys fishing them aside from French creek.I havent but wanna try around christmas. Maybe a few around the inside of gerald or sangster in all that bait?

Back