Eclipse fishing anecdotes

aheny

I'm Always curious about the effect of things like eclipses on the behavior of fish, but it's obviously impossible to collect sufficient data to figure out anything worthwhile.
So at the very least we could exchange stories about our personal experiences.
I was trolling at the Sand heads today and I picked up a pair of 16lb chinooks right after the eclipse, and about an hour before fishing started picking up on the flood
Did it cause them to bite? Who knows but it was sure interesting.
I also noticed that right when we were at full eclipse there was a noticeable drop in temperature.

I'm Always curious about the effect of things like eclipses on the behavior of fish, but it's obviously impossible to collect sufficient data to figure out anything worthwhile.
So at the very least we could exchange stories about our personal experiences.
I was trolling at the Sand heads today and I picked up a pair of 16lb chinooks right after the eclipse, and about an hour before fishing started picking up on the flood
Did it cause them to bite? Who knows but it was sure interesting.
I also noticed that right when we were at full eclipse there was a noticeable drop in temperature.
Yes the temp dropped considerably in JDF as the solar radiation intensity went down. Also the fog bank close to the U.S., which was shrinking till the eclipse began, started growing towards us again. Eclipse over and fog shrank again. Solar radiation intensity drop caused that I am sure.
As for the fish, no bites in the Trap could be had!!:(

Back