Dumb questions at the boat ramp

How bout the classic client to guide questions? Here is a couple of my favorites. After a long trip to a fishing lodge, "how far 'bove sea level are we up here?"mmmm, or "whats the best time to come to catch the smoked salmon salmon run?"
What time do the whales jump?

I had a very well know Native Chief from the lower mainland up at Nootka Sound. He asked...Rollie do all salmon die after they spawn? I was flabbergasted!

I lived in Jasper around that time frame. Used to fish Maligne Lake, the river and Medicine Lake a lot. The Brookies were huge, especially in Medicine Lake. Was an amazing piece of water. I think of it often. :)
Awesome job bringing back a 7 year thread. Seamless transition!
Funniest question I’ve been asked? Hmmmm.....
I once got back to the dock and somebody said “did you catch anything?”
I still laugh about it to this day.

several years ago, My dad was fishing a few miles west of Port Angeles at freshwater bay in the fog, When a small 16 foot boat motors over to him and asked which way to Victoria.

Back in the early eighties I was working as a deckhand on a D.F.O. boat and we were out on Swiftsure Bank when the Captain spotted a Washington State registered sport boat fishing. We pulled up alongside and the Captain yelled down from Monkey Island (above the wheelhouse) and asked if the fishermen if they had BC fishing licenses.
"No sir we're fishing in U.S. waters" was the reply.
"Are you sure? " said the Captain.
"Yes sir, you see how that mountain lines up with the other, we're in the U.S."
Captain asked the Mate to check our position. The Mate said "He's correct we're in U.S. waters."
The Captain apologized to the fishermen and we sheepishly made our way back to Canada.

Back in the early eighties I was working as a deckhand on a D.F.O. boat and we were out on Swiftsure Bank when the Captain spotted a Washington State registered sport boat fishing. We pulled up alongside and the Captain yelled down from Monkey Island (above the wheelhouse) and asked if the fishermen if they had BC fishing licenses.
"No sir we're fishing in U.S. waters" was the reply.
"Are you sure? " said the Captain.
"Yes sir, you see how that mountain lines up with the other, we're in the U.S."
Captain asked the Mate to check our position. The Mate said "He's correct we're in U.S. waters."
The Captain apologized to the fishermen and we sheepishly made our way back to Canada.
The first and only confirmed DFO mistake.

Up in the charlottes
“How long does it take those totem poles to grow”
Are those downriggers in feet or kilometres

Back