Down to the meat and potatoes

Well I'm getting her ready for the weekend out front of Nanaimo. Should be better weather here than the Wet Coast lol.

I installed some LED's under the rails and in the battery box last year and they sure work for lighting up the undersides of things for one to see what they are doing without disturbing others around us.

IMG_2581.jpg

They double duty as a ball charger (cool)!

IMG_2582.jpg

IMG_2598.jpg

I am officially all LED now on this vessel. These things cost 4 times as much as the halogen deck lights I installed last year. I sold them to a buddy of mine. They are definately 4 times as bright and burn a less than a third of juice from the battery's!!!! Very impressive lights.

IMG_2590.jpg

They are almost blinding if you look at them.

IMG_2584.jpg

They sure light up the deck and fishing station nicely.

IMG_2583.jpg

Bait stations for both sides with new rubbermaid bins on the top shelf of the cabinet. Just have to rig up some new downrigger rig's and I'm set. Tackle is all pre-tied ready to go.

The thing that I want to try the most out is my new boots lol. I picked up a couple of pair of these for my son and I. I tried them on when Fishtofino and myself headed down South to the Seattle boat show. They are like slippers and I can see why they are so popular with the black and red site guy's. I bought the Bama sockettes and some Grunden socks to go with them. You can use them in the summer without the Bama's and in winter put the Bama's on. They do make an insulated model but they are too hot in the summer.

IMG_2597.jpg

Cheers,
Sculpin

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll believe you're out fishing when i see some actual pictures, :D

I like the lights on the underside of rails...can't wait to see that rig in person John...I can see all the litlte add-ons that would make for some good R & D..... ripoff & duplicate!!

lookin' most excellent!

That is so cool! You can use the term "dance floor" much more literally now :D

get some LED lighting under the hull going and you'll really be aglow out there!

Don't give me any idea's lol. I actually thought about a couple under the swim grid (below waterline) pointing down and back towards the props to help see if I have a problem with anything caught in the props at night. I have a buddy across the border that did it just for that reason.

Yeah the LED's are cool but everything I do to my boat is for function not fashion. The sperry topsider guys have the fashion part down pat lol. I like to stick to Ed's (Edwing boats) moto "chrome don't get cha home";).

I like the lights on the underside of rails...can't wait to see that rig in person John...I can see all the litlte add-ons that would make for some good R & D..... ripoff & duplicate!!

lookin' most excellent!

Thanks Nick. I like your thinking;). I do it all the time.

Back