dodger and hoochie/spoon combos

kingblazer84

Alright boys, dont know if anyone is willing to share some of their goto Dodger/Hoochie or Spoon combos but thought I would make a post up for everyone to hopefully share some info about what they use during the summer and fall months. :cool:

I came here to ask a similar question. I found myself staring at the WALL of hootchies at Pacific Net&Twine in Steveston and had no idea where to start. The combinations are endless.

What are three of the TOP producing hootchies for Chinook in the Vancouver area? Please don't say "Oh you just need a purple razzle dazzler"

what are the model numbers?

I came here to ask a similar question. I found myself staring at the WALL of hootchies at Pacific Net&Twine in Steveston and had no idea where to start. The combinations are endless.
That's what Staff are for-ask them they are a font of knowledge.

What are three of the TOP producing hootchies for Chinook in the Vancouver area?
White
Anything predominantly White
Glo/White

Since I started the post I might as well add something haha.. Army truck, cop car colors as always popular along with red racer flasher, purple haze flasher as well

For pinks, I use a pink squirt behind a purple haze, for springs, a moongelly coyote behind a green haze

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Springs in the sound I like the "purple razzle dazzler"

Offshore I like the " kryptonite and cream"

Near the rivers mouth the "pinky dinky" works well.

But my fav, is a clear hoochie with a white skirt inside

Try army truck, j-79, clover leaf, mint tulip, purple haze also in green, orange and pink haze, oil slick, jolly roger to start.

oi vey, nothing but code speak from forum types who think that someone is going to go out and steal their fish from the ocean. I guess they're worried a saltchuck newb might out fish them or something.

I bought some white white double glow yamashita hootchies, model # OG011. I'm going to try them out behind various flashers this week.

oi vey, nothing but code speak from forum types who think that someone is going to go out and steal their fish from the ocean. I guess they're worried a saltchuck newb might out fish them or something.

I bought some white white double glow yamashita hootchies, model # OG011. I'm going to try them out behind various flashers this week.

Not worried in the least - its a big ocean out there. Don't mind helping out. These aren't code speak these are the manufactures names as well as being well known producing colors. Check this website and start to learn the proper names: http://shop.radiantlures.ca/Hootchy-10pk_c2.htm http://www.supertackle.ca/PAGE030.html

Last edited by a moderator:
oi vey, nothing but code speak from forum types who think that someone is going to go out and steal their fish from the ocean. I guess they're worried a saltchuck newb might out fish them or something...
Since when is White codespeak?

11017161_1657160204505916_1065634926813025389_o_zps8jseymoq.jpg

11209512_1652159118339358_8920534598758561750_n_zps8b9qmcqp.jpg

couple from facebook I found

...and not a barb pinched on any of those hooks in the hoochy pics.........:confused:.............:eek:

Well when you're fishing on area "Table Top" the regs are pretty open and allow barbs. ;)

I'll admit, I LOVE threads with pictures. A little fish **** is great in the office.

some tomic plug info I scrounged up as well

Most Popular Colors
The most popular colors for salmon on plugs:
94 109 156 158 203 500 530 530g 545 546 600 602 603 632 639 700 727.

The most popular colors for salmon on spoons:
203 500 512 513 513ac 530 545 546 577 602 632 639 700 727 775 900.

attachment.php

Flashers are both the same....just showing back and front sides........Green Splatterback hoochy

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,215
attachment.php

Super Gold Betsy flasher........T-Rex Needlefish hoochy

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 1,439
Back