District of NV Fire Fighters Derby

There were plenty of fish caught today at the cap. Should be some decent ones.

I didn't even bother entering the chum, or the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and so on....kept a set for the smoker tho.

Don't forget to pick up the swag bags on Sunday, same spot as last year 9 to 1 pm dofnv fire training facility.

wow lucky that’s a great day to catch that many chum

What was with that dude, he was just ripping back and forth, that he might be dropping by with something to sell me...
Oh that's my flutter jig boat to boat salesman. haha. JK, seemed like a nice guy , came over and chatted (maybe a DFO operative haha, na their not that smart )

One big hit at the cap and it quickly snapped off on one of the 9 boats within 30 yards of us. I hate the cap.
Sorry to hear Rain, I just cant fish the cap, I'm way to old to get into it anymore, although today I gave the gas jockey **** at Steveston , I'm an idiot ....no patients anymore. sign on my house says I dont play well with others Haha

So what your saying is you didn’t win… lol who won and how big let’s hear it boys
No winner it's a virtual again this year due to covid. Just if u get a fish u might have a chance at a bigger prize , like downrigger or something, 67 fish caught at durby today. It's all about the kids charity, that's why I've been in it the last 10 years . But I miss the BBQ and bull **** session after the days over. Maybe next year , if Covids history !!! We can only HOPE !!!

Meanwhile at the SH chum chum chum chum chum chum chum chum.

And sur vivors spring.
In 30 years I've never caught a Chum at the Sand heads or anywhere else , I know a guy about 6 years ago won a Islander Reel with a Chum , big brute

I wonder why they don’t schedule the derby for Sept 1 or close. That first heavy rain of the Season happens between sept 16 and 22 every year and chases a bunch of fish up the rivers.

Three entries is pretty good from what I've heard. Nice fishing...congratulations
make sure you tip your guide @hippaisland :)

good times out there again. As others have mentioned, I think we are all looking forward to the in-person event next year as the BBQ / awards are always fun times. Great swag bag and prizes again this year so kudos to derby organizers and all those sponsors and people who donated gear and volunteered time again this year!

Back