District of NV Fire Fighters Derby

Winning the derby on a home made lure / jig would be pretty big bragging rights! Good luck
Thanks and Ya it's just satisfying catching one on my flutter jig on its self ! Been good so far so cant wait to giver another go during the tournament, last year couldnt get past the 8 footers at the south frazer mouth. I would like to try at the cap but dont think I'd be to popular just sitting on the race track in one spot haha, tight lines every one , play safe !!

I'll see you out there. I have the duckworth with white motor and rod holders. You'll typically see me standing with beer in hand while my dads driving. Our plan is the same as yours. Good luck..

Right on, white 26 hourston with blue tops, and a couple of idiots tripping over each other haha

Ill be fishing my same old same old spot, and it won't be the cap race track lol ... Good luck all ! And YES I will be using my Flutter Jigs for awhile !
tight lines and play safe !!!!

I'm gonna be watching that action, I have one of your yellow ones in the top of my box!

I'm breaking out the paint stripper now haha...
Haha, good luck that baked on paint is really tough...I've done well will the colors too but like you probably know , lots of lures there is just one that out fishes the others . I think it's just the unique flutter vibration of those jigs that drive salmon nuts , oh if you haven't tried kills lings and blackies as well . Sorry for hi-jack , tight lines guys !!

Seems awfully quiet out there. Perfect weather (not sure about the winds).... any updates for us working stiffs who have to live vicariously?

A guy on a wave runner said his buddy got 6 at the sandheads, I'm here put down lines at 830 no love yet , perfect water conditions here as well

What was with that dude, he was just ripping back and forth, that he might be dropping by with something to sell me...

One big hit at the cap and it quickly snapped off on one of the 9 boats within 30 yards of us. I hate the cap.

I didn't even bother entering the chum, or the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and so on....kept a set for the smoker tho.

Don't forget to pick up the swag bags on Sunday, same spot as last year 9 to 1 pm dofnv fire training facility.

Back