Cutplug or teasers head.

Northdogboy

So I kayak fish but I'm having no luck with jigging up salmon this year, I'm heading to ucluelet next week and want to know is it really that productive, should I grab a bag or two of bait for brine and shuld I get them cut plug setup or just grab some set up teasers heads.?

If you want to troll without stinking like rotten bait try this classic behind a 4 oz weight use the 4 1/2" size.

watermelonapex.jpg

If you want to troll without stinking like rotten bait try this classic behind a 4 oz weight use the 4 1/2" size.

watermelonapex.jpg
I like this. I fish apexs all the time and do really well. It is a lure that gets rarely mentioned these days. Most people get consumed with the latest things, but these always produce for me when I am not using bait.

When I kayak fish and tour in clayoquot sound, I like to use bait for as long as it stays fresh. After that I use a coyote watermelon spoon, much like the pictured apex above. Caught both springs and coho on that spoon. It's the same colours without the spots. At Otter point recently, I've been pretty hot using anchovy in a green head with green flasher. I say, use what you have confidence in. I mostly kayak fish on the troll. If you are fishing a shallow area, I'd cut plug or wholly roller given the option. Simplicity is important on a kayak so teaser head is a quicker in the water.
Spoons keep working after a non sticker.
Z.

Back