Cuddy door

persistent

Hey guys,

I’m starting the interior rebuild on my 20’ Hourston. I’m considering changing the cuddy door to a bifold to reduce the door swing, anyone have something similar? On the port side I’m going with a full length bench seat so a full width door would block the first 20” of the seat or so. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks 084B2E97-E0A9-490B-BF80-312519B5A8AA.jpeg

This is the cuddy door in my 2452 in the open position then there's a strap that locks it like that right out of the way super sturdy super compactIMG_0778.jpg

Last edited:
Having it bifold makes it harder to lock up,you generally need a hatch to overlap it so it can't fold open in the middle.I f you have a lockable rear door not a concern.

Thanks, will likely half the door and add a piano hinge as mentioned. Looking for the best hardware to make it all work with out rattling in the open or closed position, cause that will drive me crazy!

Having it bifold makes it harder to lock up,you generally need a hatch to overlap it so it can't fold open in the middle.I f you have a lockable rear door not a concern.
At that point a thief will get in anyway and just break things in the process. Never forgot my Dad telling me he wished he left the Freezer unlocked in the garage because when they stole all the meat they also destroyed the freezer in the process.

Thanks, will likely half the door and add a piano hinge as mentioned. Looking for the best hardware to make it all work with out rattling in the open or closed position, cause that will drive me crazy!
Good luck with that one. On my double eagle 185, I have a handful of wine corks that I specifically used to jimmy the cuddy door open or closed and not have it rattle as I am underway. I refer to them as “the wine corks of sanity”

At that point a thief will get in anyway and just break things in the process. Never forgot my Dad telling me he wished he left the Freezer unlocked in the garage because when they stole all the meat they also destroyed the freezer in the process.
Leave your convertibles unlocked....

Leave your convertibles unlocked....
Haha. I used to live in a condo building where the underground parking had lots of theft. I had two broken windows in about 3 months, so I decided to just always leave my truck doors unlocked. That didn’t stop the crackhead from breaking the glass to get in for a third time in a year. After the first break-in, there was nothing in the truck worth stealing anyways

Back