Crazy forest fire visuals....eerie light.

Pippen

First pic is Saturday headng north in Malaspina.....second is heading south this morning.

Woke up on the boat in Quarry Bay this morning thinking we had experienced/slept thru Armageddon. Second pic has no effects done to it....crazy light.

imagejpeg

imagejpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 652
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 655
Yup, wild stuff.

Woke up this morning at Salmon Beach to the same eerie sky. It was like a bad dream. My son said "it's probably the Russian's or North Korea" :p.

Just catching up with what's burning :(.

Last edited by a moderator:
Woke up to the same thing in Pender harbour. Light was so odd it threw my internal alarm clock off and I slept thru the morning tide. Fished Epsom last night. Water was like glass but the tide lines were coated in ash. Very eerie. Up early this morning to catch the ferry. Sky is worse today and terrible smell in the air.

West van from the water

Attachments

• 20150705_065044.jpg
    20150705_065044.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 588
Woke up to the same thing in Pender harbour. Light was so odd it threw my internal alarm clock off and I slept thru the morning tide. Fished Epsom last night. Water was like glass but the tide lines were coated in ash. Very eerie. Up early this morning to catch the ferry. Sky is worse today and terrible smell in the air.

Ya.....those tide lines were like mud.

Get used to it.
Nice combo of the bay plugged w jellyfish, a red tide, and light ash falling from the sky. Lots of dead bees around our deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20150705_113717.jpg
Came home from nootka and it was nice and clear that Saturday. But the Sunday home in victoria was a different store. Was kind of nice cleaning fish and gear out of the direct sunlight.

From here on the Tyee Spit we get views in all directions. This was several days ago when the Port Hardy area fire was going good.
You can see how we are also right under the flight-path to Asia and I'll often see dozens of contrails too.

What happens here a lot is the upper winds slice off the contrails into smaller slices which then spread out and create a rather high thin cover.
Here's an example of that.

Both pics taken from behind the playground looking west over the estuary.

Take care.

Back