Crabbing from land near Victoria area

Hello all,

I am living in the Victoria and the buddy and I enjoy heading out throw a crab trap out and have a few beers. I was wondering if there is any place in Victoria area (i.e. dock, cliff, marina and...)which we allow to throw trap from land except the Fishing Pier in Sidney. Suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Sounds nobody wants to share the hotspots here! :)

let me rephrase my question and put it in this way that is there any place in Victoria area which you allow to throw your trap from dock, cliff, marina or...?!

Appreciate your inputs!

Most have boats and drop crab traps from the boat in 50+ feet of water. Aside from the Sidney dock, I don't know where you could go, and be able to have a couple beers there? Sorry

The pier in Sooke, or down off the end of billings spit at the sooke river mouth, or there are a few spots around ten mile point in Victoria where some residents place their traps at low tide, let them soak for a day and come back at low tide again to pick up their crabs. That might be a few too many beers though. Lol

Before I was " boat blessed" I used to paddle out on a surfboard and drop traps at Esquimalt lagoon. we caught them in 15-20 feet. Its a long beach with many spots to chill in isolation while they are soaking. Just stay clear of the commercials if they are in the area.

Back