Replacement canvas top in Victoria/Sooke area?

Sooke K

Hi, searched the forums but couldn't find anything recent - does anyone have any recommendations for where to get a replacement top for a Bayliner Trophy around the Victoria area? Willing to travel for the right fit! We just bought our first boat and the stitching is torn on one end and the canvas also looks to be in rough shape. Any advice would be appreciated. 20211027_204031.jpg20211027_204022.jpgThanks!

250-882-4533 Marlene in Langford.
She did a very nice job on my 1st double eagle at a very reasonable price.
She then quoted pretty high on adding just a sloper to an existing canvas top on my short term malibu. Anyone remember Motley?!

Thsi was my old 16ft DE that I had a while back. Styles is great, and they are right downtown in Vic. At the time (which was years ago) I paid like $1600.00 for all of it. New poles/slope back, and additional back window drop curtain. They did a great job. Here are some pics of the work.

1635435646573.png

1635435679964.png
1635435713571.png

Last edited:
250-882-4533 Marlene in Langford.
She did a very nice job on my 1st double eagle at a very reasonable price.
She then quoted pretty high on adding just a sloper to an existing canvas top on my short term malibu. Anyone remember Motley?!
X2 on Marlene. Good work and reasonable price.

I used to use Pete's, but they are gone now. At the time I built my set-up [2002], Styles was my #2 choice, based on advice I got at the time. I have canvas repairs to do, and am considering Jeune Bros & Peetz - they've done other repairs for me, with a good job at a good price.

called Jeune bros today and they told me Phillip Van Marine canvas @250-884-8318 Neil is his name , have a appointment with him to get a price quote

called Jeune bros today and they told me Phillip Van Marine canvas @250-884-8318 Neil is his name , have a appointment with him to get a price quote
I spoke to Jeune Bros for repairs, which they said they do. They probably don't design and build canopies.

If you go to styles make sure you get him to write the quote down. The quote changes daily and they have so much business he pulls quotes out of his arse. It all went down hill when Rob left..

This guy obviously got the info he needed then effed off.

I’m ready to get a top replacement and wondering if anyone has any updated reviews/info to share before I get it going. I’m in Sidney but would travel as far as Duncan if your experience was really good.

This guy obviously got the info he needed then effed off.

I’m ready to get a top replacement and wondering if anyone has any updated reviews/info to share before I get it going. I’m in Sidney but would travel as far as Duncan if your experience was really good.
Since my post last year, I have some additional info - mostly about who doesn't replace tops.
1. My top was made 20 yrs ago by Pete's Tent & Awning, who have also repaired wear spots -- but now out of business
2. I have had repairs done by Jeune Bros, who do not build whole tops - they were very busy this winter so they recommended Tommy's
3. Tommy's Upholstery [who did my most recent repairs and have done automotive stuff for me] - also do repairs but not whole tops
4. Tommy's say that Styles no longer does whole boat tops, but I have not talked to Styles directly
5. Tommy's said that a couple of Sidney shops were the best bets for a replacement top - but my time for that hasn't come yet. My Sunbrella top has lasted really well because the boat is stored under cover.
6. I have a buddy who had a new bimini and cockpit cover designed and built while the boat was in Oak Bay - he is really pleased with the outcome. Let me know if you want a name and I'll track it down.

Since my post last year, I have some additional info - mostly about who doesn't replace tops.
1. My top was made 20 yrs ago by Pete's Tent & Awning, who have also repaired wear spots -- but now out of business
2. I have had repairs done by Jeune Bros, who do not build whole tops - they were very busy this winter so they recommended Tommy's
3. Tommy's Upholstery [who did my most recent repairs and have done automotive stuff for me] - also do repairs but not whole tops
4. Tommy's say that Styles no longer does whole boat tops, but I have not talked to Styles directly
5. Tommy's said that a couple of Sidney shops were the best bets for a replacement top - but my time for that hasn't come yet. My Sunbrella top has lasted really well because the boat is stored under cover.
6. I have a buddy who had a new bimini and cockpit cover designed and built while the boat was in Oak Bay - he is really pleased with the outcome. Let me know if you want a name and I'll track it down.

Yes please. I’m having no luck

Back