cowichan

LOLOLOL, his first?

Hey Hyde, if your lurking....... congrats and we'll keep our fingers crossed for a smooth delivery. Lots of good times ahead. I have two and I'll tell you what, you'll get back to a fishing schedule eventually.
Take care:)

hey,are th browns catchable this time of year on the cow?wanna try my hand at that,cause i'm heading out tomorrow morn...

Apparently the alumaweld was spotted on the Cowy, reports of a big day. Care to share boyz;)

Pass the Pack

Highlights....

Where do i start?A man with your experience and wealth of knowledge coming on here calling people Newbs?What do you expect when the area has been snowed in for weeks?Its prime time for winters there are some fish around so what if guys wanna fish?Did you realize it was a weekend too?

I havent hooked Thousands of fish on fly and even Thousands more on gear such as yourself but have been around a long time on this flow.I havent seen you or your boat in years?Do you get out much at all?

These comments were very suprising from a guy who says he guided 300 days a year?

Don't mean to slag you i personally didn't find the cowie busy at all yesterday mind you i dont participate if the stoltz to sandy drift boat drag race at first light either.(i find that very newbish)

I know your exclusively a stamp guy now so maybe you've been there?

BTW-Careful going up the bucket ehhh!Dont want to sink that fancy drift/Jet thing you run!

Not sure its a bad thing when new anglers want to fish?River don/t belong to any of us!

Hardy

..... so where do I begin?

First of all I would not consider anyone on this site to be a newb. I wasn't reffering to anyone that is a member here as such. I did however see alot of new faces on the Cowy. I have been out of the scene for some time as you have pointed out. So maybe that was expected. If I haven't seen them ,then they obviously wouldn't know who I am. LOL And yes the Stamp has become very popular with me as my friends tend to like the odds a little better.We all have our days. (I went almost completely skunked last year on the river.)

I encourage anyone to give the outdoors a shot. Nice to see especially when questions are asked. What I am a little suspicious of however is when someone I have never seen before claims they have fished the flow for over twenty years and doesn't extend the courtesy of moving along after he has flogged the run. Nice for everyone to get a shot at a prime peice of water. Hey I am out for a relaxing day on the water just like anyone else. I appologize if I offended anyone. That was not my intention. My guiding days are long gone but the experience I have acquired over the years is still strong so of course I like to share. I have also learned though that some places are better left untalked about until the season is over. A place like the Cowichan can become quite cramped if the word spreads.
Sounds like you are following my posts on occasion enough to know that the shot we took to get up and over the bucket( in a drift/sled thingy no less) was no peach. Seeing as you only have one post I would assume as well that you are someone I know and want to stay anonymous under a new screen name.
Thats cool.
I was just doing a little venting here on the forum with other avid anglers whom I thought would understand.

Thanks,

HL

quote:Highlights....

Where do i start?A man with your experience and wealth of knowledge coming on here calling people Newbs?What do you expect when the area has been snowed in for weeks?Its prime time for winters there are some fish around so what if guys wanna fish?Did you realize it was a weekend too?

I havent hooked Thousands of fish on fly and even Thousands more on gear such as yourself but have been around a long time on this flow.I havent seen you or your boat in years?Do you get out much at all?

These comments were very suprising from a guy who says he guided 300 days a year?

Don't mean to slag you i personally didn't find the cowie busy at all yesterday mind you i dont participate if the stoltz to sandy drift boat drag race at first light either.(i find that very newbish)

I know your exclusively a stamp guy now so maybe you've been there?

BTW-Careful going up the bucket ehhh!Dont want to sink that fancy drift/Jet thing you run!

Not sure its a bad thing when new anglers want to fish?River don/t belong to any of us!

Hardy

Guess we know who the newb was ;)

I didn't mean anything by it either honest.....just bashing so called newbs stirred me a bit.....About the infamous incident i was on the bank that day and couldn't believe my eyes!Just glad to see you didn't get hurt or lose your boat.....Actually getting up and over is the easy part hopefully you knew or know what to do when you try it again?There is actually a bigger more tecnical rapid furthur upstream!

Anyway tightlines!!Fish on!!

Appreciate that Hardy. Occasionally we need to be reminded that everybody needs to start somewhere.

Yeah , not the right hull design for that first wave. Won't be trying that again anytime soon.LOL

Youtube quality for sure.

See yah out there.

HL:)

Glad to see you guys patched things up. Anyways was on the Cowie on the weekend and just saw all the regular gang.. S-10 guy in his usual spot and Gary H. at Cedar log. Little disappointed i didn't get to see Honey Bee.

Tournament Proven !

Back